Windows 10: Is there a "Check your backup" notice error

Discus and support Is there a "Check your backup" notice error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I ran a System Image backup today using an external hard drive for storage but soon after commencement the backup failed. On the "Backup and Restore"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gordon99, Jan 9, 2019.

1. gordon99 Win User

Is there a "Check your backup" notice error

I ran a System Image backup today using an external hard drive for storage but soon after commencement the backup failed. On the "Backup and Restore" page a notice in red is displayed saying "Check your backup". The error code is 0x8078014B - "Failure creating a Directory on the backup storage location".
    I have run the backup twice since and both times it showed "Backup completed successfully". In spite of this the "backup and restore" page is still displaying the "Check your backup" message with the error code etc.
    If the "Backup completed successfully" messages are correct, could someone kindly explain why the "Check your Backup" warning with the same related error code is still displayed?

:)

gordon99, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Get Backup Errors - Third Try Didn't Work

This is my third try for help.

I've enclosed my problem, the steps suggested which I performed, and current status.

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

You had this question

• Is there a "Check your backup" notice error [​IMG]

DM

Divya M replied on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1Perform a Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 7 from the link to return the computer toNormal startup mode.

Method 2: Run check disk to check for any errors.

Note: If any bad sectors are found in the hard drive then it might try to repair that particular sector. If you have any data on that, it might be lost.

You may also follow the below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------

Yes, I need more assistance.

I ran a disk check on both the source and destination drives for the backup. No errors.

I executed a clean boot. (I have left myself in the clean boot). It doesn't seem to work

I'm not sure to check whether it has worked, and I just couldn't tell. How do I confirm that the initial, image, backup has been completed?

The event viewer reports this error every time I attempt to manually initiate a backup:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 201.

I'm assuming that with this error, my backups are not being done.

Bokenzhe, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Is there a "Check your backup" notice error [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a "Check your backup" notice error - Similar Threads - Check backup notice

2. Check your network credentials for windows backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check your network credentials for windows backup: Is it possible to set this not to expire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-your-network-credentials-for-windows-backup/c32465a0-8b1b-454f-9390-2ca505fa7e3d
  3. Check your network credentials for windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check your network credentials for windows backup: Is it possible to set this not to expire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-your-network-credentials-for-windows-backup/c32465a0-8b1b-454f-9390-2ca505fa7e3d
  4. Check your network credentials for windows backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Check your account error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check your account error: i installed Doritos crash course GO! becuase its delisted from the microsoft store and when i launch it says "Crash Course Go! is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...
  6. Check your account error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check your account error: i installed Doritos crash course GO! becuase its delisted from the microsoft store and when i launch it says "Crash Course Go! is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...
  7. "Check Your Backup" There was a failure in creating a directory on the back up storage...

"Check Your Backup" There was a failure in creating a directory on the back up storage...: Each week I perform a backup & system image of files from my laptop to an external h/drive with a larger capacity. The device is never moved from my desk, so it's never bumped / knocked, etc. I've been using the external h/drive with no issue for the past few years, my...
  8. Your PC is infected message is noticed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your PC is infected message is noticed: My HP PC Windows 10 notification centre moments ago got a message saying "Your PC is infected ! Click to see more details 6:32 PM zfirst-news.com". Does anyone know what is zfirst-news.com is ? It seems the message is from zfirst-news.com. Is this message possibly a scam ?...
  9. checking the backup data

checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  10. Backup fails with "check your backup"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup fails with "check your backup": Surface 3 128GB with 128GB microSD card External empty 3TB WD hard drive formatted as NTFS Configured backup to backup both the internal SSD and the microSD card, total used about 100GB. Backup repeatedly fails with: Check your backup The last backup did not complete...