Windows 10: Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

Discus and support Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, On Windows 10/1803 when I press Alt-Tab to switch between windows the Edge process shows a default application icon: [ATTACH] This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeesJan van der Oord, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

Dear all,

On Windows 10/1803 when I press Alt-Tab to switch between windows the Edge process shows a default application icon:

Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail? 49e575ce-df5f-4dba-8eb0-730f1ff01515?upload=true.png

This is very confusing.

Is there a way to specify the icon with the blue e ?

WR,

Kees

:)

KeesJan van der Oord, Mar 18, 2020

2. Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

I've disable the thumbnail preview in Alt-Tab to use classic icons. Somehow Microsoft Edge does not display its icon and uses a generic application icon instead. Is there a way around that?

Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail? 932a2d23-0c4c-4b98-9ecd-a9203c31aa80?upload=true.png

nanakinoir, Mar 18, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

Hi nanakinoir... it's probably because Edge is not a classic app.

So it's reverting to a default icon.

I think you will have that issue with any Microsoft Store app.

I tried to see if you can add an icon for it but you can't.

So the only thing i can suggest is to let Microsoft know via the feedback hub that you want to able to define the icon for Edge.

See link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/27932/...

SarahKong, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

Brink, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail? - Similar Threads - classic icon Microsoft

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  5. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  6. How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?: Hate the Windows 10 default alt+tab look/menu so I switched it back to the old style and was wondering how do you enable being able to click the icons to bring them back up like on Windows 7 submitted by /u/MrChangg [link] [comments]...
  7. Classic alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Classic alt+tab: I want to have the classic alt+tab with icons instead of thumbnails. Various websites say you can get this by adding a AltTabSettings key to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer but this didn't work for me. Is there an alternative way?...
  8. Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a classic icon for Microsoft Edge when using Alt-Tab without thumbnail?: I've disable the thumbnail preview in Alt-Tab to use classic icons. Somehow Microsoft Edge does not display its icon and uses a generic application icon instead. Is there a way around that? [ATTACH]...
  9. Lag when using alt + tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when using alt + tab: Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows...
  10. Set ALT+TAB to Use Classic Icons or Thumbnails in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set ALT+TAB to Use Classic Icons or Thumbnails in Windows: How to: Set ALT+TAB to Use Classic Icons or Thumbnails in Windows How to Set ALT+TAB to Use Classic Icons or Thumbnails by Default in Windows You can press the Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Tab keys to switch between open windows in Windows. Pressing Alt+Tab will show open...