Windows 10: Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and...

Discus and support Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and un-metered that can be used in Task Scheduler? I can do this with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sterling R, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and...

Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and un-metered that can be used in Task Scheduler?

I can do this with the netsh command-line utility for WiFi. Is there a corresponding command-line utility for a Ethernet connection?

Thanks

:)

Sterling R, Jun 30, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Scheduling Windows 10 Updates on metered internet connections.

I really suspect there is a command line or Powershell command to toggle between a metered and unmetered connection, it is just not known what the command is in this forum. I just can't picture all of the above happening when you toggle between metered
    and unmetered in the Settings App.

Sterling R, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and...

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and... :)

Thema:

Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and...

1. Is there a command-line utility to switch an Ethernet connection between metered and... - Similar Threads - command line utility

2. Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?: I'm just wondering if there's a way to turn on Windows 11's new efficiency mode for a process which doesn't involve using the task manager. A bunch of programs tend to have like many sub processes for example; steam, firefox and having to right click and enable efficiency...
  3. Switch between two Ethernet connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch between two Ethernet connections: Hello,I have two ethernet connections, one is set with manual IP, the other one is set with Automatic IP DHCP. However, when I switch from manual to automatic to manual again, I lose the information related to the manual IP. How can I keep the two connections without...
  4. Switch the spatial sound with command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch the spatial sound with command line: My device has 2 output methods which is monitor built in sound with DP and a USB headset, but every time I turned on the machine, the spatial sound is turned off, I have to turn it to Dolby Atmos manually. I was wondering is that possible to make a bat or ps1 file so it will...
  5. switching between wifi and ethernet

switching between wifi and ethernet: Can you make my wifi become faster alone without the eternet the wifi works fast on all other devices in the house but not mine. I cant watch videos with just my wifi and I ask the HP chat help and talked to an agent and he said to reset the system and he said it would work...
  6. Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility: There are 51 of these running in task manager. How do I disable them?? It's insane it's using up 75% of my memory. I saw some people say they changed the name of MpCmdRun.exe but when I try that it says I require permission from the same administrator account that I'm trying...
  7. Circuit Command Line Utilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Circuit Command Line Utilities: I opened by "Hidden Icons" on the task bar and noticed a new ICON called "Circuit Bridge" When I open it, it shows files such as "Circuit Command Line Utility". WHat is this and how could it suddenly appear at this location?...
  8. Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting ethernet as a metered connection no longer working: I recently upgraded from v1511 to 1607. It went well. Disappointed to find that many of my personal settings and preferences were reset to defaults. Still working through that nuisance. On 1511 I had set my ethernet connection to be metered as instructed here:...
  9. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...
  10. windows metered connection ethernet

windows metered connection ethernet: Found some guide online about turning on metered connection on ethernet connection here and its need you to tweak regedit. My Question is, it is safe to do this on ethernet connection because windows 10 only give you this option on wireless connection but since my internet...