Windows 10: Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong?

Discus and support Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've done all the logical 'what ifs' - cap locks, num lock etc. and my password works on my other computer so I know it's correct. All the help I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SuzyZ42, Apr 13, 2019.

1. SuzyZ42 Win User

Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong?

I've done all the logical 'what ifs' - cap locks, num lock etc. and my password works on my other computer so I know it's correct. All the help I've found is from years ago! This computer was updated to Windows 10 at least a year ago and has been fine until now! Please help! Thanks! Suzy

:)

SuzyZ42, Apr 13, 2019

2. Wrong password on Microsoft 10 computer

I typed a wrong password on my windows 10 computer and it says welcome and keeps loading. This lasts for about 10 minutes. How can i fix this

AmirTabibi, Apr 13, 2019
  3. windows saying my password is wrong

hi i started my computer today and when the sign on screen comes up and i enter my password it says password is wrong, ive had the same password for a year and dont know how to get past the sign on screen, i tried to do a restore but when i get to the
    account information is says the same thing my password is wrong?? any ideas how to fix this? thanks

Kevins5554, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong?

Upgrading to windows 10 suddenly creates a password to my computer???

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

If you are using a Microsoft Account you cannot remove password because of the security reasons. I would suggest you to create a new local account from which you can log in and avoid login password and pin. Follow the steps below.

Refer the link below and create new Local account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to avoid log in password.

• Press “Windows Key + R”.
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • And select the Local account and uncheck the option "user must enter user name and password to use this computer".

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong? - Similar Threads - current 'FIX' computer

2. My computer says "wrong password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says "wrong password": So my computer earlier this day wasnt working and then i send it in to somebody who i thought could fix it. Just for it to come back completely reset everything, so i log'd back in and download a lot of things. Non bad things just: Minecraft, steam and brave browserSo i turn...
  3. My computer says "wrong password"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says "wrong password": So my computer earlier this day wasnt working and then i send it in to somebody who i thought could fix it. Just for it to come back completely reset everything, so i log'd back in and download a lot of things. Non bad things just: Minecraft, steam and brave browserSo i turn...
  4. My computer says "wrong password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cannot login to my computer because it says wrong password

Cannot login to my computer because it says wrong password: I have an issue with my windows computer. I have entered my password which always worked and suddenly one day, it said the password was wrong so I turned off my PC for a moment because sometimes the same problem happend and it came back to normal but this time it wasn't...
  6. My laptop says my password was wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop says my password was wrong: Hi all At school today when I open my laptop for school and it always prompts me for my password and my password is ant21! I didn’t change my password now But I tried ant21 and I didn’t work and the message: the password is incorrect try again I visited this forum and tells...
  7. My laptop says my password was wrong

My laptop says my password was wrong: Hi all At school today when I open my laptop for school and it always prompts me for my password and my password is ant21! I didn’t change my password now But I tried ant21 and I didn’t work and the message: the password is incorrect try again I visited this forum and tells...
  8. My laptop says my password was wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. windows saying my password is wrong

windows saying my password is wrong: hi i started my computer today and when the sign on screen comes up and i enter my password it says password is wrong, ive had the same password for a year and dont know how to get past the sign on screen, i tried to do a restore but when i get to the account information is...
  10. Windows says my password is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows says my password is wrong: I normally sign into windows 10 on my computer using a local account. I have been using the same password for years so I know that the password is correct. Last night I wanted to download and install a desktop theme and my computer asked me to login to my Microsoft live...