Windows 10: Is there a default for User Permission settings?

Discus and support Is there a default for User Permission settings? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lime1GT, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Lime1GT Win User

Is there a default for User Permission settings?

As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box.

Would there be a listing of default settings so I can recheck the 3 categories and boxes within them to original. "System", "My Name With email address", and "Administrators"?

:)

Lime1GT, Jul 13, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Is there a way to reset the default program for a file type to nothing?

Original Title - Reset Default Programs

Is there a way to reset the default program for a file type to nothing?

TeenyDeeno, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

5. Lime1GT Win User
    Thank you for leading me in the right direction. I hope using step 4 was correct as everything seems to be working fine again.

Lime1GT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a default for User Permission settings? - Similar Threads - default User Permission

2. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  3. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  4. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?: I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?...
  5. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?: I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?...
  6. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. User permission setting problem on Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permission setting problem on Win10: Hi! I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network. Here are my questions: Is there any possibility to read out, or to show , export for later import any user credentials or access in win10? Our windows are deployed with MS AutoPilot...
  8. Default User Directory No Permission - is that right?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default User Directory No Permission - is that right?: I have a crowded desktop and reducing the icons in my user desktop directory didn't help much so I figured they're all in the default user directory. but when I went to get in there I go told I had no permission. when I looked at the permissions nothing seemed to have any...
  9. User's permission from ACL setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User's permission from ACL setting: Hi, I am studying DACL and I have a question. Could someone help to explain? Thank you. I set DACL of a foler for a user as below, [ATTACH] "g3" is a group of "u3. By this setting, I could use "u3" to access this folder, and in this folder, I could not create any new...
  10. Setting Users Permissions Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting Users Permissions Windows 10: We currently have windows 10 PC's. One is considered the main PC that has a drive (T:) in it that holds all of the data. I am attempting to configure T: to give a user (referred to as Bob the rest of the way) access to only one folder, and not let them have access to the...