Windows 10: Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

Discus and support Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rharristx, May 20, 2022.

1. rharristx Win User

Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?

:)

rharristx, May 20, 2022

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 20, 2022
  3. File Explorer View

Hi Estevan,

Whatever changes were made on your File Explorer view has hidden the folder view. To help us isolate this problem, let's try restoring the default settings of your File Explorer. Here's how:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File, then select Change folder and search options.
    • Under the General tab, click Restore Defaults at the bottom.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, close and relaunch File Explorer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 20, 2022
  4. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

1. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore? - Similar Threads - default view File

2. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  3. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  4. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  6. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  7. Change the File Explorer default view of files

Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  8. Word and File Explorer default folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word and File Explorer default folder view: I want to change the folder view in Word and File Explorer to show only the columns I want, and in the order I want. For example, I want the order to read: Name, Date Modified, Size, Type. Now, Type always precedes Size, no matter how many times I change it. [Moved by...
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...