Windows 10: Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove?

Discus and support Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Do the following tracks give the same results? 1-Settings ===> System ===> Apps & features ===> Microsoft Office ===> "Uninstall" 2-Settings ===>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlaaDidan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. AlaaDidan Win User

Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove?

Hi

Do the following tracks give the same results?

1-Settings ===> System ===> Apps & features ===> Microsoft Office ===> "Uninstall"

2-Settings ===> System ===> Apps & features ===> Microsoft Office ===> Modify ===> "Remove"

Thanks

:)

AlaaDidan, Jan 2, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove?

Remove Windows 10 Fall Creator update

We don’t recommend that you remove any installed updates or prevent updating Windows 10. However, if you must remove an update, you can do so from the update history. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Select the Start button.
    • then select Settings > Update & security >
      Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history
      > Uninstall updates.
    • Select the update you want to remove.
    • then select Uninstall.

In line with preventing Windows update, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . This will give you steps on how to defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove?

1. Is there a deference between Uninstall and remove? - Similar Threads - deference between Uninstall

2. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  3. uninstalling and removing apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  4. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Defer/uninstall an update after it's been installed but before restarting took place.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer/uninstall an update after it's been installed but before restarting took place.: There are several ways to uninstall a win update, i.e. wusa /uninstall /kb:5000802 Let's consider this scenario: Automatic Updates downloaded and installed an update silently. That update needs restarting. But the PC hasn't yet been restarted. Is it possible to...
  6. Is there a deference between Uninstall & remove?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a deference between Uninstall & remove?: Hi Do the following tracks give the same results? 1-Settings ===> System ===> Apps & features ===> Microsoft Office ===> "Uninstall" 2-Settings ===> System ===> Apps & features ===> Microsoft Office ===> Modify ===> "Remove" Thanks...
  7. Remove Uninstalled Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Uninstalled Icons: Ok, so how do I remove uninstalled programs from the taskbar icons (over by the clock)? [img] 146939
  8. uninstall won't remove

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall won't remove: CHROMIUM and unknown malware removal program appeared yesterday. I went to control panel, uninstall didn't work. It says it is still working. There is remove chromium icon also, but it's exactly same steps I used. I tried to reset by earlier date but that was unsuccessful....
  9. Deferring Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  10. Defer updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defer updates: Something I just experienced and wondering about how or why it can be this way. I have had 10 on my machine for a month or more now. Just finished upgrading my wife's a couple of hours ago. Identical computers as far as make,model etc. Did a check for updates on mine just...