Windows 10: Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock?

Discus and support Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I use ClickLock on my Thinkpad T440s laptop using the very capable track pad. However when I am at home I plug my laptop into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chigwells, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Chigwells Win User

Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock?

Hi everyone,

I use ClickLock on my Thinkpad T440s laptop using the very capable track pad. However when I am at home I plug my laptop into an external monitor and use it with a mouse. The mouse of course does not require ClickLock, and in fact ClickLock with the mouse gets in the way.

To get around this I've put a shortcut on the desktop which opens the Mouse Control Panel window, I then have to click on the Buttons tab, and click in the check-box to either activate it, or de-activate it. So whenever I work at my home desk I have to click through to de-activate it, and when I am working out and about, I have to activate it again.

Would anyone be able to help me with a shortcut which would simply toggle Click-Lock on and off?

Many thanks in advance!

P.S. I asked this question a couple of days ago under 'How to Turn On or Off Mouse ClickLock in Windows' in the tutorial section. As it was probably in the wrong section I am repeating it here. Apologies, Mods please feel free to delete my original entry:
    Turn On or Off Mouse ClickLock in Windows.

:)

Chigwells, Jan 6, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock?

1. Is there a desktop shortcut for Click-Lock? - Similar Threads - desktop shortcut Click

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. a shortcut for click lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    a shortcut for click lock: Is there a way to program a keyboard short cut to turn on and off click lock if so can someoen tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-shortcut-for-click-lock/af984f97-03cd-4ae1-83a0-6e15114f9195
  5. Desktop Shortcuts

Desktop Shortcuts: Somehow, when I increased the size of my Windows 10 PC text, all of my desktop shortcuts are underlined. Can you tell me how to remove the underlines? I tried the adviser's solution, which was to go to ease of access, click keyboard. I see that my "keyboard underlines across"...
  6. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  7. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  8. Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts: Recently all my desktop shortcuts have an overlay. A white sheet of paper. I have tried the Thumbnail and Cache Rebuilder, but it did nothing. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/e0376408-1405-4ba7-9240-ee9d06766731
  9. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  10. No shortcut option on right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No shortcut option on right click desktop: Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks 15032

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut for clicklock