Windows 10: is there a difference with windows 10 pro and home?

Discus and support is there a difference with windows 10 pro and home? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is there a difference with windows 10 pro and home? are they the same?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DD890, Feb 24, 2020.

1. DD890 Win User

is there a difference with windows 10 pro and home?

are they the same?

:)

DD890, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. is there a difference with windows 10 pro and home? - Similar Threads - difference pro home

2. Can I install windows 10 Pro home edition and Windows 10 home addition on different hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install windows 10 Pro home edition and Windows 10 home addition on different hard...: Hellow,I have two hard disks. On one hard disk I have installed windows 10 home edition and works fine now. But my school wants students use the window Pro edition. I plan to unplug the windows 10 home edition hard disk then install windows 10 Pro edition on another hard disk...
  3. Can I install windows 10 Pro home edition and Windows 10 home addition on different hard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install windows 10 Pro home edition and Windows 10 home addition on different hard...: Hellow,I have two hard disks. On one hard disk I have installed windows 10 home edition and works fine now. But my school wants students use the window Pro edition. I plan to unplug the windows 10 home edition hard disk then install windows 10 Pro edition on another hard disk...
  4. Can Windows 10 Home/Pro retail be on two different laptops?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Windows 10 Home/Pro retail be on two different laptops?: One is already install on existing laptop with Windows 10 Home/Pro retail and want to add to a new laptop. I have the Key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-homepro-retail-be-on-two-different/ecb00456-bacf-468d-a6c0-295496093f63
  5. Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: After getting a new PC for my wife, I plan on giving the older one to a relative. She is currently using a beat up laptop to work from home. My plan is to use Macrium Reflect to transfer the system from the laptop to the PC, then using Redeploy to get the PC up and running....
  6. Is there speed difference between windows 10 home and pro ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there speed difference between windows 10 home and pro ?: I own an hp laptop and here are its specs ,and task manager (if you want to see how much memory is used up with only chrome opened) : https://imgur.com/a/zxHI0ip Currently it's running windows 10 home. The laptop is laggy ,lots of stutters here and there, basic apps and...
  7. Logging on to Windows 10 for HOME is different than PRO

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging on to Windows 10 for HOME is different than PRO: Under 'Home' after I enter the logon PW in the STARTUP SCREEN, it would immediately boot. Under 'PRO' I have to press the 'SUBMIT' button. Why? Can I change something to make it accept the PW automatically like 'HOME' did. 146251
  8. Logging on to Windows 10 for HOME is different than PRO

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging on to Windows 10 for HOME is different than PRO: Under 'Home' after I enter the logon PW in the STARTUP SCREEN, it would immediately boot. Under 'PRO' I have to press the 'SUBMIT' button. Why? Can I change something to make it accept the PW automatically like 'HOME' did. 146251
  9. Windows 10 Home / Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home / Pro: Hi, I bought a Windows 10 Home, but after the installation it's showing as Windows 10 pro. It's not really an issue for me whether it's Pro or Home but is this normal? I'm just a bit worried that I might encounter some issues because of it. Thanks!...
  10. May I know the differences between Windows 10 Pro, Home, and education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    May I know the differences between Windows 10 Pro, Home, and education: The main point I want to know is Windows 10 Education version whose advantages comparing to Windows 10 Home and Pro? Many thanks. 48309