Windows 10: Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?

Discus and support Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; (Since Toshiba doesn't really have any support community, I decided to see if I can get some answers here.) I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hyp3rDeath101, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?

(Since Toshiba doesn't really have any support community, I decided to see if I can get some answers here.)

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214, which was from 2011. I recently took it apart to clean it of any dust and replaced the thermal paste. While I was taking the laptop apart, the lower left corner of the palmrest crumbled into pieces. So I replaced the palmrest with a brushed aluminium blue palmrest, which won't crumble like the plastic one. I also want to get a brushed aluminium blue display lid with the bezel, so that it will match the palmrest.

However, I've tried searching for that specific lid that is made for the L755 series, but without success. I have found a lid for a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5320, but I'm not sure if that is compatible... My laptop has a 15.6 inch display.

Link to lid:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254187683725

Also, I've been thinking of upgrading the laptop's i3-2310M (35W) processor to a i7-2630QM (45W) processor. The reason is that the laptop gets up to 70°C, which probably isn't good. The i3-2310M has a maximum operating temperature of 85°C, as the i7-2630QM has a maximum operating temperature of 105°C. With more cores, the load would be a lot less on each core, decreasing heat. However, more wattage means more heat, but I can turn on the CPU limiter in the BIOS. The i3-2310M isn't integrated into the motherboard. Can I use the i7-2630QM?

:)

Hyp3rDeath101, Apr 30, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Upscaling incorrectly when closing the lid & connecting an external display on UHD laptops

Hello Ves,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with when you connect an external display and close the lid of the laptop, Windows upscale the desktop incorrectly and icons are zoomed ¾ times covering
    the whole display area on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?

1. Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium? - Similar Threads - Different Display Lid

2. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  3. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  4. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  5. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  6. differing Monitor displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    differing Monitor displays: My two expansion monitors used to display the same background as my main one in extended mode. the main display is the same but the extras only show a Black background...
  7. How to TurnOff Display while Lid is off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to TurnOff Display while Lid is off: A few months back whenever I close my laptop lid Display turns off automatically which isn't happening as of now. Have checked all the settings related to the lid and power plan but the option to turn off the display while the lid is off is removed I think soo as I can't find...
  8. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  9. Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid

Laptop, Dual Display, Lag with closed lid: Hi, I just bought some monitor to use with my Dell laptop and connected it through the HDMI port of the second graphics display. The problem is that when I close the lid, the laptop automatically turns off the laptop display and stops using the internal video card which...
  10. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...