Windows 10: Is there a different windows version for tablets?

Discus and support Is there a different windows version for tablets? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to know if there is a special windows version for tablets or if the same windows 10 and 8 versions are also delayed on tablets (for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tarin Waizman, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Is there a different windows version for tablets?

I would like to know if there is a special windows version for tablets or if the same windows 10 and 8 versions are also delayed on tablets

(for tablets that are sold with an official windows version)

I am specially interested to know if something around the drivers is different.

Thanks for your help!

:)

Tarin Waizman, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Sep 8, 2019
  3. windows 7 tablet edition?

There is no "tablet" edition of windows 7 (all versions of windows 7 except possibly basic have the same functionality when it comes to tablets)- if it detects you have a tablet pc it changes a few settings (icon sizes) and installs a couple of extra applications which can be used with wacom/touchscreen style setups.

You can install windows 7 from USB with no problems, but I am not familiar enough with the steps required to do it.

human_error, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Is there a different windows version for tablets?

Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Is there a different windows version for tablets?

1. Is there a different windows version for tablets? - Similar Threads - different version tablets

2. Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.: Hello Guys, Please Help Me. I recently factory reset my pc and accidently downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home Single Language. It had not been activated as I have lost the product key. It says this device has the digital license of Windows 10 Home Single...
  3. Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.: Hello Guys, Please Help Me. I recently factory reset my pc and accidently downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home Single Language. It had not been activated as I have lost the product key. It says this device has the digital license of Windows 10 Home Single...
  4. Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repairing Windows with a different version

Repairing Windows with a different version: Hello. I wanted to reinstall Windows on my laptop due to a fatal error that occurred a few days ago. The thing is that Windows can't start, so I got to have some external source of repair like an ISO on a USB drive. The thing is that I can only create the ISO from another...
  6. Windows versions show differently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows versions show differently: The desktop shows 1903 via a registry edit while the other shows 1909 in settings/system/about.....shouldn't the registry show the 1909 and display it instead of the 1903?...
  7. Different Windows 10 versions

Different Windows 10 versions: I bought my computer with preinstalled Windows 8. Then I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Home for free. After that I purchased Windows 10 Pro with the same product key for some money. My question, what Windows versions do I have? Can I install Windows Pro on another...
  8. Different versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Different versions: Got a Win 10 Home disk off of e-bay. Full version. 64 bit. OEM. Just had a question on the different versions available. Does it matter which version I got? Will it update to the current version when installed? I received ver. 1709. Thanks for the help. 143595
  9. Different Version Of Windows 10

Different Version Of Windows 10: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my HP laptop but I didn't have the original disk so I used the disk from my Cyberpower pc and now when I check my information about my laptop it shows it's a cyberpower laptop not hp.My question is I made windows 10 disk installer from the hp...
  10. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

in Windows 10 Support
    Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..: Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while...