Windows 10: Is there a different windows version for tablets?

Discus and support Is there a different windows version for tablets? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to know if there is a special windows version for tablets or if the same windows 10 and 8 versions are also delayed on tablets (for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tarin Waizman, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Is there a different windows version for tablets?

I would like to know if there is a special windows version for tablets or if the same windows 10 and 8 versions are also delayed on tablets

(for tablets that are sold with an official windows version)

I am specially interested to know if something around the drivers is different.

Thanks for your help!

:)

Tarin Waizman, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Sep 8, 2019
  3. windows 7 tablet edition?

There is no "tablet" edition of windows 7 (all versions of windows 7 except possibly basic have the same functionality when it comes to tablets)- if it detects you have a tablet pc it changes a few settings (icon sizes) and installs a couple of extra applications which can be used with wacom/touchscreen style setups.

You can install windows 7 from USB with no problems, but I am not familiar enough with the steps required to do it.

human_error, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Is there a different windows version for tablets?

Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Is there a different windows version for tablets?

1. Is there a different windows version for tablets? - Similar Threads - different version tablets

2. CorelDraw version differences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CorelDraw version differences: I am using X4 presently...on Win 10 Pro. Just upgraded to Win 10. It's not entirely ideal--doesn't really function like it should. Been thinking about upgrading CorelDraw. But there's so many options now I'm not sure what to look for. CorelDraw Graphics Suite X8, CorelDraw...
  3. Different File Explorer version?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different File Explorer version?: My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark...
  4. Different Version Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different Version Of Windows 10: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my HP laptop but I didn't have the original disk so I used the disk from my Cyberpower pc and now when I check my information about my laptop it shows it's a cyberpower laptop not hp.My question is I made windows 10 disk installer from the hp...
  5. any price difference for windows 10 versions?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    any price difference for windows 10 versions?: any price difference for windows 10 versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-price-difference-for-windows-10-versions/66f17bec-60e5-41fb-8187-a9024c9e5990"
  6. Different versions of Firefox for different users?

in Browsers and Email
    Different versions of Firefox for different users?: My PC has three users. Is it possible to run different versions for different users? For example, ESR v52 and Quantum v62 118890
  7. Different coloring capabilities with different Win10 versions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different coloring capabilities with different Win10 versions?: OK, so we all know Win10's basic look is rather heavily white, and I'm finding that hard to work with. I've learned that, on my own PC, I can to go Settings> Personalization> Colors and add color to window title bars, which helps quite a lot. But that feature is much more...
  8. Activate OEM version key on different version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate OEM version key on different version: Hello, i have installed Win 10 PRO x64 from original ISO, i choose activate later. Today my KEY WIN 10 PRO X64 arrived but is OEM (DVD media) version. How can i activate OEM version without reinstall? Problem is that PC dont have DVD :/ 91949
  9. Networking computers that are running different versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking computers that are running different versions of Windows: Dear all, Can anyone advise me on a mixed network issue. I have several PCs at home as well as music streaming devices such as Pure Sensia and Freecom MusicPal. The PCs run a mix of Windows 7 HP and Ultimate all 64bit. I use Serviio to share music to the streaming devices...
  10. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

in Windows 10 Support
    Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..: Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while...