Windows 10: Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting

Discus and support Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting in Cortana to solve the problem; I would like to stop Cortana from starting. Is there a easy way to do this?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kenneth Pincus, May 9, 2019.

1. Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting

I would like to stop Cortana from starting. Is there a easy way to do this?

:)

Kenneth Pincus, May 9, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 9, 2019
  3. mibaup Win User
    Any working way to remove Cortana?

Is there a way to do that without downloading the reg file? (Can I do that myself?)
    Also, will that stop the Cortana background process?
    Because I already disabled Cortana itself alone, what you're suggesting is additional. or just another way to disable Cortana but leaving it working in the background?*Huh

mibaup, May 9, 2019
  4. Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting

1. Is there a easy way to stop Cortana from starting - Similar Threads - easy stop Cortana

2. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY: If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer. Enough intro let's get started. First If you...
  3. New computer: easy way to transfer from old computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New computer: easy way to transfer from old computer?: My daughter has a Surface Tablet 4 and just bought a Surface Tablet 7 both with Windows 10. Is there an easy way to transfer all her user data, email, programs, etc, to the new computer..? Or just start copying it all over and installing the programs she uses..? 162079
  4. easy way pin windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  5. Is there an easy way to share files??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  6. Is there a way to stop/disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    Is there a way to stop/disable Cortana?: Cannot keep Cortana from running nor from restarting after I do End Task on Task Manager. How to disable it permanently? I don't feel confident enough to do the Registry Edit thing, so hope there are other options available. It sucks that Microsoft is forcing all of these...
  7. Easy way to install on a REAL machine from a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Easy way to install on a REAL machine from a VM: Hi there Having got a VM working just the way I want it I wanted to install this on a laptop as a PHYSICAL machine. (VMWARE Easy way : 1) From WITHIN the VM -- uninstall VMWARE tools or VBOX additions etc. 2) Run acronis or other imaging software to create an image of...
  8. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches: If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there...
  9. Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working: Hello, I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly. So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working. I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because...
  10. How to stop Cortana and Skype host from starting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Cortana and Skype host from starting: Afternoon, I have two system services that I would like to disable but they are not listed in the windows 10 service list. The first one is Cortana, which from my understanding has to deal with camera, touchscreens and microphones which I use none of those. The second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop cortana starting

2. how to stop cortana from starting