Windows 10: Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen?

Discus and support Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Mac you can do it by Shift-Command-4. When you are done it auto-saves it with a auto-generated name (screenshot date time). However on Windows you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, May 4, 2021.

1. satel Win User

Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen?

In Mac you can do it by Shift-Command-4. When you are done it auto-saves it with a auto-generated name (screenshot date time). However on Windows you have to first click on Snipping Tool, then click New, then when you are done you have to click on save, then give it name. So there's 4 steps total, making it a hassle to capture something. Is there a faster way like you can on Mac?

:)

satel, May 4, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Set and forget using Greenshot. Optionally start with windows and define capture hotkeys. Set default save location.

Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen? [​IMG]

Callender, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Well, as it says on Snip &Sketch (which build are you using?- the forum prompted you so we don't have to keep asking)

Win + SHIFT + S

Then there are numerous freeware tools like Duckcapture

- 1 click from the tray icon

Sharex etc all with different merits..

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

That wish is granted. Example:

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a faster way to capture a portion of the screen? - Similar Threads - faster capture portion

2. screen capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen capture: What keys would I press to take a picture of the screen? Thanks for any help with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/dfaefaeb-af28-492e-a6d5-328e6238f269
  3. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  4. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  5. Screen Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Capture: How many ways are there, to do a full screen capture copy in Windows 10Thanks for reading . . . Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/38842351-8ebf-4caf-91de-b36f407a1d97
  6. Faster way to turn on bluetooth???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Faster way to turn on bluetooth???: Is there a way to add an icon, like the internet one on the taskbar, but for bluetooth to make turning on bluetooth faster? Is there a way to make turning on bluetooth faster? I submitted by /u/cockonmewhatitdo [link] [comments]...
  7. Screen captures

Screen captures: I recently bought a new computer, both the old one and new one have win 10. I've always used the screen capture key and I liked that the pictures would automatically be uploaded to one drive, but with my new laptop that worked for a few days and now every time I use it it...
  8. New Ways to do Screen Capture.

New Ways to do Screen Capture.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d6jj25/new_ways_to_do_screen_capture/
  9. screen capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen capture: how do I save screen to a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/1a438ef0-6fc3-4b55-9dfc-5c3e868149b4
  10. Screen Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Capture: How do I take a screen capture photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screen-capture/a8c755aa-b603-40ba-b6db-75ac36002b44