Windows 10: Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later?

Discus and support Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm wondering if there's a way I could save a preset of my current homescreen layout with all the app arrangements, wallpapers and stuff. I feel it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/filthyaverage, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later?

I'm wondering if there's a way I could save a preset of my current homescreen layout with all the app arrangements, wallpapers and stuff. I feel it would be really cool if there were! But if there isn't, do you guys happen to know an alternative?

To further explain, I'm looking for something like a software that lets you make a custom preset you could click to load up a layout you once used on your homescreen, like a reusable interactive screenshot.

submitted by /u/filthyaverage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/filthyaverage, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

changing Homescreen options

I might be wrong, but I think OP is talking about Desktop and OneDrive Protected Folders. If so, Desktop folder icon in File Explorer > This PC will show OneDrive's cloud-like icon:

Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later? [​IMG]

Do the following to change it:

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area:

Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later? [​IMG]

A small pop-up window opens. Select Settings:

Settings will open. Under Auto-save tab, select Update folders:

Click Stop protecting:

Confirm:

That's it. Your desktop is now empty, OneDrive desktop no longer shown and you can put anything you want to on desktop.

3. e71 homescreen

This question is no biggie I guess...but I've got to ask...

The "to do list" icon does not appear on my homescreen. I did it the right way, ticked the box and all..it just isn't there:smileysad: any suggestions? TNX

angellicano, Jan 22, 2021
  4. [Suejin] Win User

Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later?

Multiple displays preset

Hello Bojan,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I understand that you want to save different display settings like a preset so you can conveniently switch from another.

I myself is using 2 monitors and 1 TV that I rearrange depending on my need. Sadly, the feature or option that we are both looking for is not available. The best thing we can do right now is to make these arrangement manually every time.

Thus, I recommend you send a feedback or suggestion using the Feedback Hub app. The more of us looking for a feature the better chance of it getting added into Windows.

Best regards.

[Suejin], Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later?

1. Is there a feature where you could save a "preset" of your homescreen to re-use later? - Similar Threads - feature where save

2. How Your Old Computers could be used against you, permanently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Your Old Computers could be used against you, permanently.: I found out that after my emails were hacked, and that my computer were stolen. I found out that Someone was using both My Old Email Address, along with My Stolen Computer to control My iPhone, in My Apartment Complex because we shared the Same Building WiFi.Also, Somme of...
  3. How Your Old Computers could be used against you, permanently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Your Old Computers could be used against you, permanently.: I found out that after my emails were hacked, and that my computer were stolen. I found out that Someone was using both My Old Email Address, along with My Stolen Computer to control My iPhone, in My Apartment Complex because we shared the Same Building WiFi.Also, Somme of...
  4. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved: In the Onedrive account tab, after deselecting folders and files I no longer wish to have on my computer, I keep getting the response "onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved". There aer a variety of explanations for this. It also says that files are still syncing. One...
  5. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved: In the Onedrive account tab, after deselecting folders and files I no longer wish to have on my computer, I keep getting the response "onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved". There aer a variety of explanations for this. It also says that files are still syncing. One...
  6. onedrive sorry your changes could not be saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wondering if you can somehow save where you left your window's location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wondering if you can somehow save where you left your window's location.: Hi, So I have two monitors and I keep having to move all my windows to the way I like them everytime I get on my computer. I was wondering if there was a setting or an application that saves where you last had a window opened. submitted by /u/varedra [link] [comments]...
  8. RE : Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE : Change where new content is saved: Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card. No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail. If I changed it back to default This PC,...
  9. RE : Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Support
    RE : Change where new content is saved: Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card. No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail. If I changed it back to default This PC,...
  10. Save your windows 10 Preview Drivers and Save the Hassle Later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Save your windows 10 Preview Drivers and Save the Hassle Later: As many of you are aware windows 10 Preview will have to be removed (on some systems) and the original OS re-installed to get the Upgrade License Activation.. Since you already have the preview of 10 installed - most likely you also have the drivers and windows driver...