Windows 10: Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

Discus and support Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is an old issue, but I don't think there has ever been a solution. After all this time, I'm still not used to having invisible borders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GerryPeters, May 31, 2020.

1. Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

I know this is an old issue, but I don't think there has ever been a solution. After all this time, I'm still not used to having invisible borders. Often I click on the wrong window. Any suggestions? I have Windows version 1903

:)

GerryPeters, May 31, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

Windows 10 invisible borders (possibly 7 pixels wide)

For me, one of the main cons of Windows 10 is it's invisible borders for windows. The invisible border is usually 7 pixels wide. I did make a workaround for this in AutoHotkey, the code is here: A fix for Windows 10 invisible borders (and Aero Snap) - AutoHotkey Community

However, there are situations where this code doesn't work. Also it's very annoying to see windows changing size even though the new size is much better (without the useless margin).

I've noticed that some programs don't know exactly how to behave with this border. For example, for FlashFXP 5, it seems to snap horizontally to 7 px off the edge, but on the bottom it can either snap off or not snap. It's always crucial what happens after closing and reopening too.

What is this invisible border for in the first place? So that for touch screens it'd be easier to grab the very edge?

Is there still no way to disable this? Or what is the best workaround to get rid of this? I want my windows to be exactly where I want, not forced by the operating system. (I do have this setting OFF: Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.)

jimhoyle, May 31, 2020
  3. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 31, 2020
  4. Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

Invisible sizing borders on windows -- don't like

In my transition from Win7 to Win10 I am frequently bothered by the "invisible" sizing borders on most of the windows. I try to click on an underlying window (which is clearly visible) but instead I find myself sizing the foreground window.

In addition I use screen capture programs that can't tell the difference between a visible and non-visible border, and I end up getting a sliver of the screen background that I have to trim away.

This change seems to be for those who really like borderless windows, but I'm not one of them. I like to see what I'm clicking on.

Please consider this my official request to allow us to get back the visible borders, through an option or whatever.

Neil Rosenberg

Educator, mentor, entrepreneur

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

NeilRosenberg, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

1. Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders? - Similar Threads - fix invisible borders

2. How do you fix an "invisible" BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix an "invisible" BSOD?: While playing GTA V, my pc used to randomly will blue screen with 1 of 2 BSOD error messages "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" and then restart. But, now it will just freeze and restart or never restart and I have to unplug it and plug it in order for my pc...
  3. Invisible Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Window: I have this weird invisible window on my screen. I cant do anything to close it like using alt f4 and it gets in the way. Does anyone know how to fix it? Whenever I restart my windows explorer using task manager it dissapears for a while. But soon enough it comes back....
  4. Invisible Window

Invisible Window: I have this weird invisible window on my screen. I cant do anything to close it like using alt f4 and it gets in the way. Does anyone know how to fix it? Whenever I restart my windows explorer using task manager it dissapears for a while. But soon enough it comes back....
  5. invisible window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invisible window: I don't know how to get rid of this that invisible window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invisible-window/a0090f34-e267-4826-ab53-0685e5e57df5
  6. invisible window

invisible window: I don't know how to get rid of this that invisible window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invisible-window/a0090f34-e267-4826-ab53-0685e5e57df5
  7. Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?: I know this is an old issue, but I don't think there has ever been a solution. After all this time, I'm still not used to having invisible borders. Often I click on the wrong window. Any suggestions? I have Windows version 1903 157465
  8. Looking for fix - Window border removal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for fix - Window border removal.: [ATTACH] The gap between windows is driving me crazy, and I want to get rid of it anyhow. Here's an example of the gap between the taskbar and a Teamspeak 3 window:...
  9. Windows 10 invisible borders (possibly 7 pixels wide)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 invisible borders (possibly 7 pixels wide): For me, one of the main cons of Windows 10 is it's invisible borders for windows. The invisible border is usually 7 pixels wide. I did make a workaround for this in AutoHotkey, the code is here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=26514 However, there are...
  10. :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

in Windows 10 Support
    :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups: Hello, First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules. I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a random border a couple of pixels wide around all of the system tray icons. I cannot for the life of me work out why. My Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show window borders windows 10