Windows 10: Is there a free email client for desktop use

Discus and support Is there a free email client for desktop use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Is there a free email client for desktop use

I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web mail. Is there a free email client that works with windows 10?

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017

2. is there a torrent client for n900

oh i see,being as im not an advanced maemo user i dont enable those repository,i only install stable end user ready apps,for fear of bricking my device lol

warrens2---01, Apr 10, 2017
  3. is there a torrent client for n900

hi guys,i use torrents on my laptop an desktop an was wondering if i can get a torrent client for my trusty n900,thanks.

warrens2---01, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Is there a free email client for desktop use

I like FossaMail

Its opensource, it supports email encryption and is free as in free beer, it also available in 64-bit
    Its also compatible with Thunderbird, sadly Thunderbird is only 32-bit.

However having just visited Fossamails site page, they are discontinuing development So I would have to say Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. — Mozilla

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    looks like they will not be around much longer,

We will be shutting down FossaMail in May.

Since there hasn't been any response whatsoever, through any channel, to the request for new maintainership, we'll be shutting down FossaMail.
    The user base is obviously too small to contain anyone willing to step forward to do the required release engineering and support, so we're bidding the fossa farewell.

No further official releases will be made, we'll shut down the website and support forum (@ Pale Moon), and everyone currently using FossaMail should be looking for a replacement mail/chat/news client within the next few months to avoid running into potential security vulnerabilities as time goes on.

Thank you all for your years of support!

Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017
  6. Thunderbird has been around for long time and is still going strong.

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Eaglepi Win User
    Yes I have been aware of Thunderbird for a long time but never really liked the layout.. I guess I will have to learn to like it as there are fewer and fewer free email clients that work with Win 10..Thanks for your replies

Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017
  8. Phone Man Win User

Phone Man, Apr 10, 2017
  9. You can pretty much have any layout you like even themes, tabs etc...

Layout wise what I have setup is what most clients/webmail layouts offer.

Tree on left with accounts/folders, emails ontop, preview below (Classic view)
    It can be setup various ways, so dig into the View > Layout > and see which suits you best.

There are few worthy clients but certainly are other alternatives with variant degrees of pros and cons.

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  10. Eaglepi Win User
    what is the name and do you have a link?

Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017
  11. Its part of Windows 10 its default installed stock app.

But since it only sends more info to MS they dont need to have, I dont use it.

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  12. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Apr 10, 2017
  13. Eaglepi Win User

Thank you, I did see the mail that is installed with my Win10, I never saw it before and I have to agree with positronic I don't like Bi Brother looking at everything I say but we ( those who have a half of brain ) knows that what we say is data mined by NSA so I live my life knowing that I have no privacy. It keeps me honest......LOL

Eaglepi, Apr 10, 2017
  14. Best get the tinfoil out then and start making hats. Because this day and age all your unencrypted bits are on some database and indexed ready to be analysed, when Quantum computers are more common place, encryption will also mean very little..

positronic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a free email client for desktop use - Similar Threads - free email client

2. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder: Remote Desktop Client is working on my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. However, whenever i try to use it within my secure folder it says either my password or ID is incorrect. Any fixes for this?...
  3. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  4. Free Email clients on Linux Guests

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Email clients on Linux Guests: Hi folks One of the best I've seen where you can actually set up accounts manually (Thunderbird now makes that a real pain) is Kmail (from KDE plasma desktop). You can also have decent menus as well in the client do the following -->show hidden files and then in file:...
  5. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  6. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  7. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  8. Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations

in Browsers and Email
    Need new free email client with minimal bcc limitations: I head up a volunteer group of about 350 people. I tried a bulk email to them using the bcc option because many are sensitive to having their email address broadcast to the entire group. I tried using a separate Gmail account for this purpose and the emails got blocked...
  9. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169
  10. Which email desktop client do you use and why?

in Browsers and Email
    Which email desktop client do you use and why?: I have used a number of clients over the years from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013. I am wondering what you guys use as your main client. 2783