Windows 10: Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?

Discus and support Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I am speaking to a customer service rep at an org that I do business with. I am having an issue accessing data on a page on their site; the page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by riffwraith, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?

Hi

I am speaking to a customer service rep at an org that I do business with. I am having an issue accessing data on a page on their site; the page tries to load, but I get an hourglass equivalent, and the page is stuck in limbo. Tried the latest FFox and Chrome.

The customer service rep says that they can access the page and all of it's data on their end using a generic "read-only" mode.

I do not know if this is something specific to their server or not, but am hoping that there is a way to put a browser - any browser, even if I have to d/l another - in this mode to access all of the data. I have searched a bit, and done things like disable images, browsing in text only mode, and the like, but no success.

I can't post a link, as it's an internal page that requires a log in.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

A closer look at Spartan's new reading mode and reading list

Read more: A closer look at Spartans new reading mode and reading list

Brink, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser?

1. Is there a generic "read-only" mode in a browser? - Similar Threads - generic read mode

2. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files stuck in read only mode: Recently enountered a problem where all my files are stuck in read only, so far I have:- Made sure I have permissions to edit folders through the security tab of properties- Unchecked read-only after pressing accept and reopening properties it immediately reverts back to read...
  3. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files stuck in read only mode: Recently enountered a problem where all my files are stuck in read only, so far I have:- Made sure I have permissions to edit folders through the security tab of properties- Unchecked read-only after pressing accept and reopening properties it immediately reverts back to read...
  4. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All Folders are on "read-only" mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Folders are on "read-only" mode.: All Windows 10,11, Server 2019.. folders are on read only mode. All Systems in our office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-on-read-only-mode/df794a53-a5e3-46de-a174-765d2571515e
  6. All Folders are on "read-only" mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Folders are on "read-only" mode.: All Windows 10,11, Server 2019.. folders are on read only mode. All Systems in our office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-on-read-only-mode/df794a53-a5e3-46de-a174-765d2571515e
  7. Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder: Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder. I know it's related to the loss of administrator rights. I have the problem on my home computer and also my work computer, which are both in Windows 10 21H1 . After following the information that was given on the other...
  8. chkdsk cannot continue in read only mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk cannot continue in read only mode: Trying to fix this issue. Ran chkdsk and this is what happens. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified....
  9. Folders in Read Only Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders in Read Only Mode: Please tell me when there will be a fix to the issues of folders being in Read Only mode. I am a photographer and my photo database software is not working because of the Pictures folder being Read Only. I have tried all the suggested methods of changing the properties of...
  10. Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser)

in Browsers and Email
    Only 3 page themes in reading mode instead of 22 (Edge browser): I'm trying to costumize reading mode to fit better for my eyes but even though I updated windows 10 to the latest version (and hopefully it updated edge as well?) I still only have 3 themes (instead of 22). this is how it should look like: [img] this is how it looks like...