Windows 10: Is There A Good Free File Manager?

Discus and support Is There A Good Free File Manager? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help organising some files. I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abrogard, Jun 7, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Is There A Good Free File Manager?

I need help organising some files.

I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename.

I'm currently going down the list, finding an author with 50 or more to his name, creating a folder by that name and then selecting all his files and moving them there.

Very, very slow and tedious.

I've been at it for the last hour or more and I'm still hardly anywhere.

There's such a lot of file managing stuff found when I google but when I get them and install them they don't seem to do what I want.

Can anyone help by directing me to something that will do this thing perhaps? Or there's nothing known?

:)

abrogard, Jun 7, 2019
  2. mjean1 Win User

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jun 7, 2019
  3. There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

It keeps popping up for me too, but after I disabled it the first time all was fixed and the problem hasn't popped up again even with ADSM running. Good luck!

ToddBlank1122, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Is There A Good Free File Manager? - Similar Threads - Free File Manager

2. any good and free photoshop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any good and free photoshop?: i want to know if there is any good and free photshop since i have to use it fo school next year submitted by /u/vision2310 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lc84ao/any_good_and_free_photoshop/
  3. Good Password Managers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Good Password Managers: A year or so ago I spent some time looking at password managers. Mostly Dashlane, Lastpass and Bitwarden. I tossed Bitwarden because of some of the things it didn't do well (which I cannot recall what any more), and got down to Lastpass and Dashlane. Wife preferred Dashlane...
  4. Looking for a good free Multimedia Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a good free Multimedia Player: I currently have 4 And use 4 MM Players. MPC-HC-64bit, Videolan (VLC) Player, Zoom player, and Windows Media Player 12. MPC-HC was my default mm player. It had a slew of internal codecs, fairly easy to operate, easy to skip through frames, a lot of customization, Videos load...
  5. Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?: I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control over it. I really enjoy when IDM can start downloading instead of Firefox. But as it often fails I am now looking for an...
  6. Good free image editing software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Good free image editing software?: Hello there, do you know a good image editing software which is free of charge? For example to create icons and so on. Thanks in advance. Gute kostenlose Bildbearbeitungssoftware?
  7. Good free Music Maker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good free Music Maker?: Halo, I wanted to try something new, and decided to do something with music, e.g. making my own soundtracks etc. Examples: Main Menu Music from a game, or simply soundtracks. Do you know of such a program? (Windows 10) Thanks in advance. Guter kostenlose Music Maker?
  8. What is a good free application to open .rar files?

What is a good free application to open .rar files?: What is a good free application to open .rar files? I would like some suggestions from the experts of reddit. submitted by /u/julius_33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gou033/what_is_a_good_free_application_to_open_rar_files/
  9. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...
  10. A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?: Dear experts, I need to merge thousands of images files from several folders into one large folder. Many filenames are identical, but the underlying images may be identical or different. I will have to compare thousands of images, one by one, and decide case by case if I...