Windows 10: Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

Discus and support Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, long title as i feel i need to be pretty specific. There are SO many Apps on the Store and elsewhere that do some but not all the features. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/domsch1988, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

Ok, long title as i feel i need to be pretty specific. There are SO many Apps on the Store and elsewhere that do some but not all the features.

I know that i had this a year or two back. I've never found it again. So, i'm looking for a program that'll let me create tiles from images. I know of TileIconifier, but that does only small and medium Tiles. I really like the wide tiles since there's more space for "Artwork" on them. I'm doing this for looks, not because the regular Program List is too small for me.

Open Source is always prefered, but i'll take anything that does a decent job. Also willing to pay, but nothing that's subscription based or inserts Adds into my Startmenu or before launching apps. I'd rather pay 10 bucks in that case.

I'm also pretty flexible on Formatting my Images and how to launch Programs. I know that this can be an issue as tiles can't launch all the stuff, but I'm happy to create custom shortcuts, AHK scripts or hack something up in PS or python or such. As long as it launches the apps i want, i'm not too worried about how i need to do it.

So yeah. Is there anything left that works on the latest 10 release and does what i want? Finding anything on the MS Store is impossible really...

submitted by /u/domsch1988
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/domsch1988, Apr 7, 2021

2. Live Tiles Stop Working in Wide or Large Size

I have seen lots of posts about problems with Live Tiles in Windows 10, but I don't think I've seen this one. Live Tiles will work in my Start Menu, but only when set to the "Medium" size. If I change the size to "Wide" or "Large," they stop updating and
    revert to the basic icon on a solid colored tile. This happens both for Windows 10 system apps like Weather and News, and also for third party apps (like AccuWeather, for instance).

I know I have seen screen shots online that show larger tile sizes working as Live Tiles.

ChrisStovall, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Live tiles not showing on large size mode

I am facing a problem with Windows 10 Apps Live Tiles.

It works well when using a medium sized tile but not with a large or wide app. How do I enable Live Tiles with a wide or large size

Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from... YZ99l.png

Jalal Mostafa, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

Live tiles dont work on wide and large sizes after Win 10 update

Hi William,

The Large or Wide tile size options aren't available for all app tiles. It is usually found in most, if not all Microsoft apps and not necessarily to third-party apps. It is up to the app developer if they choose to implement
    larger options for the live tiles.

Let me know how else I can help.

Patricia Yu, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

1. Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from... - Similar Threads - free possible Tile

2. Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which free apps can I use to pin wide tiles of executables on Start Menu?: TileConfier doesn't allow to pin wide tiles, so I was looking for some free apps that can do this. I also came across an app called edgeTile but I don't know how to use it, it's very complicated. submitted by /u/Secure_Height6304 [link] [comments]...
  3. Creating Custom Tiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  4. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?: Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents. Is this possible within W10 itself? TIA *chuckle 125462
  5. Apps and tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and tiles: How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need running. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-tiles/637221ea-b329-4418-b82b-43183cf9546a
  6. Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?: Currently the default is -- using medium size tiles -- 3 wide + 3 wide. Is it possible to customize it further? Specifically to 3 wide + 2 wide? I know you can customize it to 4 wide + 4 wide, but that is WAY too many for me. LOL...
  7. Create custom tiles

Create custom tiles: How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854
  8. weather app live tile not working in large mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weather app live tile not working in large mode: ok, as the title suggests, my windows weather tile isnt working in large mode, now if I resize to any other size, it live updates. I has no idea what happened to cause large mode to not want to update. 62049
  9. How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?: How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? Or when a wide tile such as the Mail tile is already in place, it would allow 3 tiles wide? I tried the “expansion arrow” to move to the right, also Ctrl-Alt-pr sc: no luck. 69615
  10. How do you create a live Tile

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a live Tile: Is it possible to create a live tile and if so how do you do it. It would be very useful to me for going to various Forums for which I contribute. 18506