Windows 10: Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

Discus and support Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way, via group policy or registry, to set the background to slideshow and lock it from being changed? 118183 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeastDroid, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

Is there any way, via group policy or registry, to set the background to slideshow and lock it from being changed?

:)

BeastDroid, Sep 20, 2018

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Jan Del Win User
    regarding background personalize settings

Hi Singh,

The Some setting are managed by your organization message usually appears if there is any changes happened on the Registry Editor or Group policy Editor. We suggest editing the Group Policy by following the steps below:

• Open Group Policy by typing it in the search box.
    • Look for Administrative Templates and click on it.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Prevent changing desktop background and it will open an new window.
    • Select Disable on the choices and click Apply.

Once the changes were made, try to customize your background again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Sooner Al Win User

Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

Can not create a desktop background slideshow

After upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) this morning the desktop background slideshow function does not work. If I right click on the desktop and select
    Personalize then select Slideshow and browse to an album with my backgrounds the folder shows no photos. If, however, I select
    Picture and browse to the same folder all of my backgrounds are there. Likewise I can set a solid color as a background. Its only the Slideshow functionality that is not working.

So how to solve this issue... Please note the desktop background Slideshow function worked well for me with Windows 8.1...

In an old post for Windows 8 I found one user suggested looking in the power settings and making sure the
    Slideshow setting is set to Available versus Paused. My power setting is set to
    Available for both battery and plugged in.

Sooner Al, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

1. Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow - Similar Threads - group policy set

2. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  3. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  4. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  5. Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are trying to apply desktop wallpaper or background using the Local Group […] This article Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Looking for group policy setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for group policy setting: that locks all connection ports when in lock screen. I actually set it today, but now forgot where it's at and I wanted to add it to my notes for future reference. I am not sure if it was from a tutorial on this site or elsewhere. I searched my history but came up empty. Is...
  7. Desktop Background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  8. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  9. Group Policy Settings

Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpo set slideshow background

2. dekstop background slideshow disable gpo

3. group policy disable slideshow

4. group policy to set slideshow for desktop background,
  5. group policy background slideshow