Windows 10: Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom)

Discus and support Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to download the UK handwriting pack for Windows 10x64. The handwriting option shows however it does not download anything. Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngelaMary77, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom)

Hi

I am trying to download the UK handwriting pack for Windows 10x64. The handwriting option shows however it does not download anything. Are there any updates from Windows that may have prevented this.

Thank you

:)

AngelaMary77, Oct 29, 2019
  2. davecatt Win User

Cannot install Language Pack (United Kingdom) in Windows 10

I cannot choose English (United Kingdom) as my Display Language. "English (United Kingdom)" shows in Languages list with the message "Language pack available".

However, when I click Options > Download, it stops after just a few seconds, and the Event Viewer log entry for the failure is:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80242FFF: English (United Kingdom) Language Pack - Windows 10 for x64-based Systems - (KB3079343) [en-GB_LP].

As a test, I added the Chinese (Simplified) language pack and this took some minutes before completing successfully.

This system was upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm pretty sure that the installation was all UK English. It feels like maybe the the English (United Kingdom) language pack is stuck in some corrupt state because it fails very quickly every time I try
    it. Are there Windows Update temporary files which can be cleaned out?

Many thanks

davecatt, Oct 29, 2019
  3. uninstall the English (United Kingdom) Languase pack

how uninstall the English (United Kingdom) Language pack from windows 10 Version 1803 OS build 17134.1

i have Country Greece, Windows display Language English (United States), and Languages Greek and English (United Kingdom)

The button Remove from English (United Kingdom) is inactive.

kimonPanagiotopoulos, Oct 29, 2019
  4. davecatt Win User

Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom)

Cannot install Language Pack (United Kingdom) in Windows 10

Thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated.

The Windows Update Troubleshooter did not resolve my problem in this case.

However, I did find a resolution to the problem, which I will share in case others having a similar problem find this thread.

• Right-click on Windows Start, and choose: Command Prompt (Admin)
    • cd C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

(NB "C:\Windows\" is the windows system directory and may be different on some systems)
    • Delete all of the files and sub-directories contained within "Downlaod"
    • Re-start the computer
    After these steps, I was able to install the Language Pack successfully. This allowed me to change the windows display language to United Kingdom, as required. Incidentally, this change also allowed Cortana to work on my system.

davecatt, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom)

1. Is there a Handwriting language pack for Windows 10 v10 (United Kingdom) - Similar Threads - Handwriting language pack

2. language pack english united kingdom experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    language pack english united kingdom experience: cant get rid of this pack and it is trying to take over all language option and just did a fresh clean install of the system with usb that is write protected have only gone into windows update and signed into Microsoft account please help cant find a way to get rid of this...
  3. Support for windows 10 in UNited Kingdom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Support for windows 10 in UNited Kingdom: I am trying to access support for a new installation. Tel: 0344 800 2400 from the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/about/contact/ gets the response "the number you have dialled is not recognised". The support app does not work and the call back option in the support app...
  4. Any fix for removing United Kingdom Keyboard Language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any fix for removing United Kingdom Keyboard Language?: hi everyone, Since the windows 10 update from the past, the united kingdom language cannot be removed. Any fix for it? Thanks in advanced. submitted by /u/jhatrick [link] [comments]...
  5. English (United Kingdom) local experience pack keeps trying to install on my Windows 10...

English (United Kingdom) local experience pack keeps trying to install on my Windows 10...: I'm currently working on a network of some 2000 users with approximately 1800 Windows 10 computers. I mention this up-front because I see a lot of responses on posts that talk about going to an individual computer and manually performing a particular task to alleviate a...
  6. Are OCR and Handwriting zh-hk Language packs obsolete in Windows 10?

Are OCR and Handwriting zh-hk Language packs obsolete in Windows 10?: Sysadmin here tasked with rolling out installations of Windows 10 with zh-hk (Hong Kong) language options. On MSDN images of Build 17763.379 and also Build 18362.30, I was able to dism integrate these packages from the Language Pack successfully:...
  7. Unable to remove English( United Kingdom)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to remove English( United Kingdom): am unable to remove « english(united kingdom) from languages, even though have defined english ( united states) as windows display language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-english-united-kingdom/362b9ef0-4fa4-464a-8cf3-c0a11408c1bc
  8. English (United Kingdom) local experience pack | How to remove and have preference respected.

English (United Kingdom) local experience pack | How to remove and have preference respected.: It seems English (United Kingdom) local experience pack is installed every time I get an update. I really do NOT want to use it since I live in Australia - my default language and experience pack is English (Australia) with a US international keyboard layout. (...and no,...
  9. How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard: Hi, I tried everything in my end and can't remove the English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard. [img] Region & Language does not show the English United States pack anywhere. [img] Powershell also does not show the English United States pack. [img] Does...
  10. OK! Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OK! Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States): Hi there, When choosing the Win 10 install I am given these options: Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States) are there any major differences? apart from the obvious one - certain words are spelt differently... thanks! [img] 46469

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download english united kingdom handwriting pack