Windows 10: Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

Discus and support Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems like it must. But my search for a traditional manual style document has been fruitless so far see below complaining. I really don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YetAnotherJohn, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

It seems like it must. But my search for a traditional manual style document has been fruitless so far see below complaining. I really don't want to pour over the hundreds of specific questions here and many articles in various searches to get the proper overview of what features file explorer has and how to use them as intended. <complaining>I do have to vent a bit before continuing. The blue question mark icon in file explorer opens an edge page where it has searched in bing about opening a help page get help with file explorer in windows - Search bing.com. Of the 4 pages it links

:)

YetAnotherJohn, Oct 3, 2022

2. Win 10 File Explorer Default to My Documents

Hello Bobby,

Please be informed that the File Explorer will open once you click on the File Explorer icon. However, if you right click on the file Explorer icon, you will find
    Documents as one of the options to open from the context menu.

This feature works by default and is by design in Windows 10.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

• Go to Start , enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select
      Windows Feedback.

• See if someone else has provided similar feedback by entering the topic. If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select
      Upvote.

• If you don’t find any similar feedback, select Add new feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a category and then Select a subcategory. Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Updates and feedback

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2022
  4. ilangom Win User

Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

1. Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere? - Similar Threads - help document file

2. Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?: It seems like it must. But my search for a traditional manual style document has been fruitless so far see below complaining. I really don't want to pour over the hundreds of specific questions here and many articles in various searches to get the proper overview of what...
  3. Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a help document for Win 10 file explorer somewhere?: It seems like it must. But my search for a traditional manual style document has been fruitless so far see below complaining. I really don't want to pour over the hundreds of specific questions here and many articles in various searches to get the proper overview of what...
  4. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  5. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  6. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  7. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  8. Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?

Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?: Where is the documentation for how to use search in File Explorer in Windows 10? This is all that I could find from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/lwef/-search-2x-wds-aqsreferenceBut that resource has a note at the top claiming that it is for an...
  9. Documents in File Explorer

Documents in File Explorer: I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this...
  10. Win 10 1903 installation help (Sorry if this is somewhere already)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 1903 installation help (Sorry if this is somewhere already): I'm looking for some help getting the current Windows 10 update installed in. Downloading it doesn't look to be the issue, and the installation starts off fine for the most part, but when it goes to do the first reset around the 10-20% mark, the computer doesn't restart...