Windows 10: Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?

Discus and support Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm just typing away in Open Office in a text document and my left hand little finger slips a bit and hits more than one key somewhere over there where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 28, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?

I'm just typing away in Open Office in a text document and my left hand little finger slips a bit and hits more than one key somewhere over there where it 'lives' if you've got your hands in the classic touch typing position - i.e. little finger over 'A'.

And 'windows settings' popped up !

My text page, open office, still there behind it i found when I closed it.

Is there some hotkey combination there that anyone knows about?

I'm unable to reproduce the thing, can't do it again..

Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings? :)

:)

abrogard, Apr 28, 2019

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 28, 2019
  3. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Spokus Win User

Language Hot Keys Settings - Loose Settings

I have Windows 10 with the same problem.

There are three Hot Keys for three languages Ctrl +1, Ctrl +2 and
    Ctrl + 3.

All three hot keys disappear if sleep mode was used.

But it is more interesting.

Only third hot key disappear after PC is turning
    Off (power mode) and ON (using button).

Regarding suggestion I made "copy setting to the welcome screen etc." in "Language Advanced settings" and now I do not have different between
    sleep mode and turn off mode.

Now only third (Ctrl + 3) hot key disappear.

I think it is special design Microsoft discrimination option for users who want to set more then two languages. Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings? :)

Spokus, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings? - Similar Threads - Hot Key Settings

2. Input Hot Key Setting Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Hot Key Setting Glitch: Hello,Under Setting>Time & Language> Keyboard> Input language hot keys, there is the option to assign keys to each input language, in addition to the simple toggle. e.g. Left Alt + Shift + 2 switches to Japanese For whatever reason, it only saved my setting for 2 of my input...
  3. Input Hot Key Setting Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Hot Key Setting Glitch: Hello,Under Setting>Time & Language> Keyboard> Input language hot keys, there is the option to assign keys to each input language, in addition to the simple toggle. e.g. Left Alt + Shift + 2 switches to Japanese For whatever reason, it only saved my setting for 2 of my input...
  4. hot key set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    hot key set up: I want to create a hotkey to type a sentence. l tried using winhotkey but it doesn't work with windows 1- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key-set-up/0e1ba278-ca78-4326-9350-542f5ab643bc
  5. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I'm using Windows 10 and playing games using a Microsoft controller. When using a controller I only have three keys on the controller that I don't need, that I can use as Hot Keys. I need more keys to use as Hot Keys. Since the keyboard is turned off when I'm using a...
  6. hot keys

hot keys: how to disable hot keys win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/5f94d57f-aa17-4f41-a873-0a70e94211ac
  7. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Keys: When I press F7 it is supposed to pause, but it doesn't. When I press Nn F7 it also doesn't pause. I have an air mouse which has a pause button but that also doesn't work please help!!!...
  8. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I updated my Windows and I can not use my hot keys or short or short key like Ctrl+C or Ctrl +F. I already change configuration on the ControL Panel and it did not work : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/99efe8be-59aa-40ae-bd92-1b8fcdf27694
  9. Hot key

Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  10. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change language bar hot keys option