Windows 10: Is there a light version of Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a light version of Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Windows 10 seems to have become too bulky for many computers that were released with Windows 7. I've been recommending my customers to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrentonSwafford, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Is there a light version of Windows 10?

Hello! Windows 10 seems to have become too bulky for many computers that were released with Windows 7. I've been recommending my customers to switch over to Linux, but I would rather recommend a light version of Windows 10 that will work on their older hardware. Is there a light version, or anything else that I can do to run a current version of Windows on older hardware without them getting bogged down?

:)

BrentonSwafford, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Is there a light version of Windows 10?

Delta6326, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Is there a light version of Windows 10?

1. Is there a light version of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - light version

2. Unbuntu Pro for Old PC's with no Windows 11 light version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbuntu Pro for Old PC's with no Windows 11 light version: Will any of you now start writing programs for Ubuntu? In 2025 many people in the world not going to be force into new PC purchases not in this economy. Microsoft would be wise to make a Windows 11 light for old PC's. --Unbuntu Pro is the way of the futureMicrosoft had a good...
  3. Unbuntu Pro for Old PC's with no Windows 11 light version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unbuntu Pro for Old PC's with no Windows 11 light version: Will any of you now start writing programs for Ubuntu? In 2025 many people in the world not going to be force into new PC purchases not in this economy. Microsoft would be wise to make a Windows 11 light for old PC's. --Unbuntu Pro is the way of the futureMicrosoft had a good...
  4. Unbuntu Pro for Old PC's with no Windows 11 light version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?: I was just thinking, since there are many windows 10 computer that don't support the requirements met to support windows 11, can't Microsoft just create a light version of windows for unsupported devices so at least the outdated users will feel up-to-date considering the fact...
  6. Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?

Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?: I was just thinking, since there are many windows 10 computer that don't support the requirements met to support windows 11, can't Microsoft just create a light version of windows for unsupported devices so at least the outdated users will feel up-to-date considering the fact...
  7. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you have any light versions of Win 10?: Running Win 10 Home on HP Stream Tablet 32gig HD, 1gig RamVery slow Are there any light versions of Win 10 available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-any-light-versions-of-win-10/1f2ffd73-a1d1-4f77-8337-249c40404c67
  8. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

Do you have any light versions of Win 10?: Running Win 10 Home on HP Stream Tablet 32gig HD, 1gig RamVery slow Are there any light versions of Win 10 available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-any-light-versions-of-win-10/1f2ffd73-a1d1-4f77-8337-249c40404c67
  9. Do you have any light versions of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft sheds light on Windows 11 version 23H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft sheds light on Windows 11 version 23H2: Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 version 23H2 later this year. The update will be a smaller feature update release, which offers advantages and maybe also some disappointments for users of the operating system. When Microsoft released Windows 11, it let everyone know...