Windows 10: Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

Discus and support Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I display the folders under the Documents folder that look like this <image...highlighted> [ATTACH] The sub-folder named PRIORITY TASKS isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

When I display the folders under the Documents folder that look like this

<image...highlighted>
    Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display fc6ac4f6-4e77-4c81-9905-5a92743cc7e5?upload=true.jpg

The sub-folder named PRIORITY TASKS isn't shown. Does File Explorer impose a limit on the number of sub-folder that it will display?

Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display e55778c7-1828-43af-8aa1-3bc498483b6b?upload=true.jpg

TIA for your suggestions.
    SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Nov 20, 2020

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    List sub folder names

Dir /? gets a list with the number of Directories [old DOS term for Folders] and Files, my list of C:\

Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display [​IMG]

Berton, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

folder should display with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it.

In Windows try to display Folder with size in bytes and numbers of Items and numbers of files inside it. So that we can know which folder is contain more bytes. Even sub folder also display size, items and files numbers. It will be easy to find folders
    and files to delete which are big in size.

Mohammed Naeem Shaikh, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display

1. Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders File Explorer will display - Similar Threads - limit number sub

2. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?: I can't add more. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited? It cannot exceed 50. I'd like to add more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-number-of-folder-favorites-in-windows/eb71470f-df14-43d4-9286-eb75ab7993e9
  3. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?: I can't add more. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited? It cannot exceed 50. I'd like to add more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-number-of-folder-favorites-in-windows/eb71470f-df14-43d4-9286-eb75ab7993e9
  4. File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view: File Explorer:Files view is currently "detailed" and I want all files in sub folders to be "list" view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-cant-get-files-in-sub-folders-to/a0b96376-f719-4b51-af9a-27cb89cda91b
  5. File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view

File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view: File Explorer:Files view is currently "detailed" and I want all files in sub folders to be "list" view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-cant-get-files-in-sub-folders-to/a0b96376-f719-4b51-af9a-27cb89cda91b
  6. File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder: File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-cant-get-sub-folders-to-adopt-same/a0b96376-f719-4b51-af9a-27cb89cda91b
  7. File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder

File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder: File Explorer: can't get sub folders to adopt same display/view as the parent folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-cant-get-sub-folders-to-adopt-same/a0b96376-f719-4b51-af9a-27cb89cda91b
  8. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  9. Find number of folders in every sub-folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Find number of folders in every sub-folder: This is not exactly Windows questions. I wasn't too sure where to post, hence posting here. Admins, feel free to move to appropriate forum. Here is the task, I have 'C:\Data' folder that contains 1000s of folders. Each Subfolder should ideally contain one child folder in...
  10. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...