Windows 10: Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet?

Discus and support Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Had my PC on overnight. This morning, I get on, and my Firewall tells me that Microsoft Photos tried to access the internet. WTF for? Needless to say,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crimson, Nov 21, 2015.

1. crimson Win User

Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet?

Had my PC on overnight. This morning, I get on, and my Firewall tells me that Microsoft Photos tried to access the internet. WTF for? Needless to say, I blocked it. I still plan on using MS Photos. Not sure if there's any way to disable it from trying to get online other than to turn it off or uninstall it.

ACCESS,2015/11/22,10:10:44 -5:00 GMT,Microsoft Photos was blocked from connecting to the Internet (134.170.106.152:HTTPS).,N/A,N/A\
    ACCESS,2015/11/22,10:10:44 -5:00 GMT,Microsoft Photos was blocked from connecting to the Internet (204.79.197.213:HTTPS).,N/A,N/A

This is a process that tried to access the internet in the past:
    wsqmcons.exe.

As it turns out, that process using my resources and bandwidth is Customer Experience Improvement Program. Of course I blocked it. But I also figured out how to stop it from from even running.

Task Scheduler.
    Navigate to Microsoft/Windows/Customer Experience Improvement Program
    End and Disable all items.

I was wondering if there was also some kind of list of everything that needs to be blockaded. I understand that Photos is one of the web-apps. W10 (and W8) is basically two operating systems in one. One for normal Windows applications. And one for Modern web-apps. I know that web-apps are designed to be integrated with the internet. And even signing in with a MSA user account in a way presumes you're logging into an online environment. However, if it's really not necessary to communicate with the internet while in use, I'd rather keep it offline.

:)

crimson, Nov 21, 2015
  2. PaulMcI Win User

Is there a list somewhere of Nokia phones that the AD-44 adapter will work with?

Why I am asking this question is my Nokia 6600 fold went faulty (see note below about this) and has been replaced by O2 with a Nokia 6700 slide. Now I don't like slide phones so I bought a 7020 fold on eBay.

What I am looking for is an adapter for these phones (each have 2.5 mm AV connector) that will allow me to connect my noise cancelling headphone's 3.5 mm jack to (I was able to do this on the adapter that came with my 6600 fold phone).

I googled and found that one option may be the Nokia AD-44 but I am not sure it will work with either the Nokia 6700 slide or 7020 fold.

So my question, is there a list somewhere of Nokia phones that the AD-44 adapter will work with?

Note: the faulty Nokia 6600 fold phone was a replacement for the original Nokia 6600 fold phone and both have had the well documented 'm, n, o' problem when sending a message that locked the phone and all that could be done was to power off!

PaulMcI, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Is there a list somewhere of Nokia phones that the AD-44 adapter will work with?

Looking through my box of bits here and I think AD-50 might do the job for you?

Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet? [​IMG]

confiture---01, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet?

1. Is there a list of random junk that tries to access the internet? - Similar Threads - list random junk

2. Strange file trying to access internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange file trying to access internet: Hi all,I'm using windows 11 and TinyWall as a firewall, I get all blocket except the files I need to use internet.But today I noticed this strang file trying to connect the internet, I searched in that directory but it isnt there anymore. Does anyone know if its a system...
  3. Strange file trying to access internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange file trying to access internet: Hi all,I'm using windows 11 and TinyWall as a firewall, I get all blocket except the files I need to use internet.But today I noticed this strang file trying to connect the internet, I searched in that directory but it isnt there anymore. Does anyone know if its a system...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  5. Connected but no internet access? Try this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected but no internet access? Try this...: To the point: Create a new administrator account and log into it. Check to see whether you have full Internet access on the new profile you should.Restart the computer, and check to see whether your original profile now has normal access to the Internet.If not, transfer the...
  6. Internet Access disables Randomly

Internet Access disables Randomly: I bought a new HP laptop, that default came with WIndows 10. But when browsing the Internet on it, the Internet Access in the network that I am connected randomly disables. This happens once every 5-10 minutes. It's so much annoying. I tried several methods to solve this...
  7. No internet access secured.... Tried everything.

No internet access secured.... Tried everything.: When i go troubleshoot it says that "Default gateway not fixed" and when i do the ipconfig /renew it says that its unable to contact dchp server. I did everything all the command prompts. I watched every solution and videos in YouTube my Network card is updated to the latest....
  8. Randomly no internet service despite network access

Randomly no internet service despite network access: Hey All I've been working on this all day. I got up this morning for a meeting and discovered on my I had no internet connect. I was able to login to email, Zoom, and our school's VPN just not Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Every so often if I get lucky I might...
  9. Editing junk filter list

in Browsers and Email
    Editing junk filter list: Web version of Outlook junk mail filters are just not doing the job. I am trying this as an attempt to shorten up the list. Multiple duplicates in list just by changing one of the numbers/letters in the username keeping the domain name. i.e. look at the top entry (picked at...
  10. Cannot access junk Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access junk Mail: I used to be able to check my junk mail for things that for some reason ended up there. Now i can't. When I click on the paperclip to access this screen, I click on JUNK MAIL and this is exactly what I get. No junk mail what so ever. That's is, that's all. I cannot see my...