Windows 10: Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts

Discus and support Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yes, I have seen the other thread about using the MS Template to accomplish this, BUT as noted in the thread, it only works for files. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roninrr2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. roninrr2 Win User

Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts

Yes, I have seen the other thread about using the MS Template to accomplish this, BUT as noted in the thread, it only works for files.

I have a somewhat unique situation in that I let an "old" Laptop set around unused for too long and I can no longer get it to boot up. I want to retire it, but I want the Documents and Pictures folders off of it (thousands of files and perhaps hunders of folders). I was in a panic state, but remembered that I think everything was backed up on a OneDrive account, that I think was active when the Laptop was last used (months ago).

I want to archive the Docs and Pics folders on my current OneDrive account - and thought the MS Template would do the job except as noted, too many files and folders. I want a MS solution as I am somewhat adverse to using 3rd party software, although I might as a last resort. The HD storage space we are talking about here is perhaps 150-200 GB for the two folders.

My current Laptop has a small SSD drive (not big enough to download the older OneDrive folders), but it does have a second HD of 2 TB. So can I, over time, download the folders from the older OneDrive account onto the 2 TB HD and then upload the folders to my current OneDrive (there is space enough) and I just want to archive the two folders on my OneDrive account (don't need syncronized updates).

Given I want to stay with a MS solution, is there another way to accomplish this (remember the old Laptop won't boot up) - OR should I just give up and go with a 3rd party solution (i.e. I have seen references to something called Multi-Cloud that looks like it should work, but not sure about the cost).

ron in round rock

:)

roninrr2, Dec 31, 2018
  2. scopio Win User

Two OneDrive accounts question

In a small office we are in the process of renewing the main PC and have a query about OneDrive account.
    I did not realise that the older pc which is running Windows7 had a OneDrive folder and has Office Home and Student installed, the ISP IMAP email account is used to sign in to OneDrive 5Gb free account.

On the new pc running Windows 10 Pro and Office365 Personal with 1Tb OneDrive storage, this pc also has a OneDrive folder which is attached to the Microsoft Outlook.com Office 365 Personal account.

We will be transferring all data from old pc to new pc so my
    Questions are;

1. Can we keep the two OneDrive accounts? (With different sign in credentials)
    2. Which account would automatically use the OneDrive folder on the new pc?
    3. I assume that the best option would be to upload the data from the old pc OneDrive account folder to the new pc OneDrive account folder so that all OneDrive data is in the same account and OneDrive folder on the new pc. I am correct?

scopio, Dec 31, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts

1. Is there a MS solution to Transfer FOLDERS between OneDrive Accounts - Similar Threads - solution Transfer FOLDERS

2. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  3. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  4. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  5. Transfer funds between child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transfer funds between child accounts: I accidentally put money on the wrong child account. Is there a way to move the funds from one child spending limit to another? Am I really just out the money?...
  6. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts: Howdy, I have two MS accounts, one with two Windows digital licences and a second account with a single Windows licence. I would like to move the Windows licence in the second account to the first account and close the second account. How do I do this? Other support articles...
  7. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts: Howdy, I have two MS accounts, one with two Windows digital licences and a second account with a single Windows licence. I would like to move the Windows licence in the second account to the first account and close the second account. How do I do this? Other support articles...
  8. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts: Hi. I have an old Microsoft live email account I have been trying to discontinue. I also have a current Microsoft outlook account that I am trying to transfer to Windows as my main account. This has been an annoying process since I had to wait 30 days to change the account...
  10. App Transfer Between Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Transfer Between Accounts: I redeemed an app code for a game for my windows 10 PC a year ago but I accidently did it on this (my father's) account instead of on mine while the account that is usually logged on the PC is my account. is there a way I can transfer it between the accounts so it will be on...