Windows 10: Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

Discus and support Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have this little quirk that has left me with a dead battery a few times since XP. The situation I'm in is when I have a laptop that's hooked up to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by samm0, Apr 3, 2019.

1. samm0 Win User

Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

I have this little quirk that has left me with a dead battery a few times since XP. The situation I'm in is when I have a laptop that's hooked up to a External Monitor/KB/Mouse, then I go to leave, unplug the laptop, stow it, later on arrive with a dead battery. It arrives dead because it remained on until its in Low/Critical battery state, And its set that way to stay on, when being used as a desktop with lid closed.

As for the Power Options:

the Lid Closed will do nothing when plugged in (to use as desktop)

Lid is closed on battery will got to Sleep

The Main Question is:

Is there an option to go to sleep (minutes) after laptop has been unplugged and lid is closed

:)

samm0, Apr 3, 2019

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thank you for your help

Unfortunately this has not helped but I have made some interesting observations for the past 2 weeks

My laptop still has this problem in both sleeping and hibernating

It won't sleep or hibernate fully when I press the buttons in the start menu which forces me to hard shut down my laptop

But closing the lid with a small amount of force allows the laptop to sleep

And when I boot it up in safe mode closing the lid hibernates the laptop

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

1. Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed. - Similar Threads - option Sleep laptop

2. Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid: Despite setting the Power Options to 'Do Nothing' when I close my laptop lid, there is a strange quirk. Whenever I am trying to play a game using my external monitor, whenever I close the lid the laptop turns off. If I am watching netflix or youtube, nothing happens. It...
  3. Windows 10 laptop no longer sleeping when lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop no longer sleeping when lid closed: My Lenovo Yoga 910, since updates in late 2018, is no longer sleeping when I close the lid. I'll pull it out of my backpack sleeve and it will be overheating from lack of airflow or the battery will be dead. I have power settings set to sleep when lid closed, display turn off...
  4. Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.: Hi, Yesterday, I went to change my Asus laptop screen because the original was defective ( it started showing white screen sometimes with lines ). The replacement screen was taken from a random used laptop. I checked every setting in power settings and everything is set to...
  5. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"
  6. Close laptop lid - external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Close laptop lid - external monitor: I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. My new laptop (Asus) does not do this and the...
  7. Wireless turned off after lid closed or sleep (Not Power Management)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless turned off after lid closed or sleep (Not Power Management): Hello All, In the last two weeks I have been experiencing something very strange with my Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop resumes from sleep the Wireless is turned off in Windows. I don't believe it was an update because I have defer updates enabled. Unfortunately, I just...
  8. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302
  9. Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing lid does not put computer to sleep: Brand new Dell XPS-13 with Windows 10 Creators Update My laptop does NOT go to sleep when the lid is closed. PLEASE NOTE the following: Settings>System>Power Options>"Choose what closing the lid does">"When I close the lid">Sleep Sleep is the option. 88530
  10. Closing my laptop lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing my laptop lid: Hello, I'm new to windows 10, just had it installed last week and so far, I like it. A problem I'm running into is when I close the lid on my laptop and then open it again after a while, it shuts down and goes to the hp screen. What I would like is, when I close the lid and...