Windows 10: Is there a place I could get all the old app icons?

Discus and support Is there a place I could get all the old app icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been looking for some sort of .zip download containing all of the old flat white Windows 10 app icons, but I can't find anything of the sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlishFricker, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Is there a place I could get all the old app icons?

I've been looking for some sort of .zip download containing all of the old flat white Windows 10 app icons, but I can't find anything of the sort anywhere. How can I access these old icons in image/icon form?

submitted by /u/FlishFricker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlishFricker, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Download old icons for Windows apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to download the old Windows icons on your computer.

I would like to inform you that with the new update of Mail and Calendar app the new icons are introduced. Since the apps are UWP apps, the option to change the icons is unavailable at the moment.

However, your suggestions and feedback are always appreciated. We do have a place, where you can share them. I would suggest you to share any of your suggestions and feedback in the
    Feedback Hub, where our developers can listen
    to your voice and constantly improve the features.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Is there a place I could get all the old app icons?

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

Hi,

It's possible that some settings on your computer are preventing you from placing desktop icons in a specific location. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could provide the proper troubleshooting steps. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter.

• Does this only happen with certain icons, or does this happen with any icon? Please post a screenshot so we could study it further.

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

Yolvi Ell, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Is there a place I could get all the old app icons?

1. Is there a place I could get all the old app icons? - Similar Threads - place old app

2. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.: In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to...
  3. I could not get get Search Recommendations in Settings app of Windows 10 ! Please could...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I could not get get Search Recommendations in Settings app of Windows 10 ! Please could...: [ATTACH] Please Help Me ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-could-not-get-get-search-recommendations-in/bed1c76b-fb81-4162-a406-70e743b7cfdb
  4. Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PurpleNurpe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia16go/desktop_folder_is_encrypting_all_icons_placed_on/
  5. How do I get the old apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the old apps?: Hey gang, I did a clean install of Windows on my computer about a month or so ago and I'm starting to get a little bugged by some of the default Windows 10 apps. Is there a way to get back the old media player/notepad/photo viewer/etc apps? I'm struggling to find any answers...
  6. How do you get back the old UWP app icons?

How do you get back the old UWP app icons?: I tried using Allow sxs edge and it was great! But now I want to be able to restore the old UWP app icons...how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-back-the-old-uwp-app-icons/91da0e1e-43b4-4622-91d6-e9b1b4f2b797
  7. Download old icons for Windows apps

Download old icons for Windows apps: Kind of a silly question but, I have like a all white theme going on in my task bar where I used to have an array of 8 icons that were all white, now with the latest update the default mail icon got updated and I cant find any legacy version of it nor any online archives that...
  8. How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?

How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?: I use the snap to side or quadrant of screen frequently. I would very much like if Windows would remember where they were snapped when I closed them so that next time I open the app it opens where it was at. As a work around I will manually position the window "close" to...
  9. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  10. Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu: When I Right Click on an App Icon, click Pin to Start, then attempt to shuffle the Icon into place the menu screen grays out and locks up. I have to them go back to the App Icon and chose Unpin to clear up the gray-out. [img] 67879