Windows 10: Is there a portable version of MBAM?

Discus and support Is there a portable version of MBAM? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Probe, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Probe Win User

Is there a portable version of MBAM?

I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install.

:)

Probe, Sep 5, 2020

2. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

LOL.
    No problem.
    I thought it was a case of deja vu.

Yes, please follow ALL of the steps for a CLEAN REINSTALL and please be sure to reboot again after the reinstall.

Then:
    To minimize confusion, I suggest that we continue over at SF.com here, please.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?

Note, that not all portable versions are portable per say. Several portable tools install a driver, that remains running, even when you no longer use it, and it could cause conflicts. Like Norton, even Emsisoft used to.

Some portable: Dr.Web CureIt, Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, MWAV, RogueKiller.

TairikuOkami, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Is there a portable version of MBAM?

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Hi:

Are you the same person as the OP here, by any chance, because the posts sound identical?Is there a portable version of MBAM? :)

The LUA issues were supposed to have been fixed with this current version, but AFAIK that particular error message you show is something entirely different (see below).

I know you said you reinstalled, but it's not clear from your post if you used the "best practices" method for a truly clean reinstall. And it sounds as if you did some self-medication by installing mbam-rules, which ought not to be necessary.

To start, if rebooting the system does not fix the error, then I suggest carefully following all the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Be sure to reboot when the removal tool prompts, and it's a good idea to do so again AFTER the reinstall.

Please note: To work correctly, MBAM Consumer should be installed and configured from a Windows Admin account. It can then be run under other, LUA accounts and the new version should fix the previous issues with LUA updating, etc..

IMPORTANT: The particular error you show in your screenshot CAN be due to the presence of a rootkit, or it could be another security program blocking the driver.
    AFAIK It is NOT related to the LUA updating issues that were on the changelog for version 2.2.0.1024.

SO: Please let us know if that proper clean reinstall does or does not fix the issue. We can go from there.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Is there a portable version of MBAM?

1. Is there a portable version of MBAM? - Similar Threads - portable version MBAM

2. Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  3. MBAM and Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBAM and Defender: I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center. 136138
  4. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version): For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.: [img] [img] Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple times a day. MBAM makes no notice of it and continues to function. I've tried everything I know. Today I've disabled Self...
  5. Defender & MBAM Coexsistence

Defender & MBAM Coexsistence: Odd error on Insider (any build) with Defender and MBAM running at same time. MBAM is 3.0.6.1469. With Defender periodic scanning enabled, and all 4 MBAM protections enabled, I can't update definitions. WU won't find them either. I get this error, and the code leads to...
  6. MBAM Team seeks "Bugfixes" and "Features" for new version

MBAM Team seeks "Bugfixes" and "Features" for new version: >>Disclaimer #1: I do not work for Malwarebytes, so please do not shoot the messenger.<< >>Disclaimer #2: Please submit your feedback directly to the Malwarebytes Team Members in the links provided below, rather than here in this thread (I cannot guarantee that they will...
  7. Alternative for MBAM?

Alternative for MBAM?: So I've been running MBAM Free for quite some time, but lately I had a lot of issues on the Insider Preview builds. MBAM kept giving BSOD when trying to scan. And the new MBAV 3.0 gave me BSOD when using uTorrent. Is there any piece of software you'd recommend as a...
  8. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...
  9. Mbam Free

Mbam Free: New Version MBAM Free released.....Version 3.3.1.2183 100897
  10. Mbam...free or premium?

Mbam...free or premium?: I have Malwarebytes Premium v. on my laptop for which I pay $25 per year. I just got a new Lenovo desktop w/the i5, 8G ram and 1T hard drive and wish to protect my new PC with their great product. My question: Is the paid version worth paying for? I had the free v. on my old...