Windows 10: Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full....

Discus and support Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full. My D: has no program files(x86) folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinThibault1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full....

locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full. My D: has no program files(x86) folder.

:)

KevinThibault1, Dec 17, 2018

2. Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:

dual boot system 10 on C:, 7 on D:
    Search indexing insists on indexing drive D: instead of C: No matter how many times I uncheck indexing locations on D: and choose proper locations on C:, when indexing starts to rebuild it reverts back to D: I though I had solved by temporarily turning of driver letter D:.

The indexing then happened on C: and things seemed good, so I turned D: drive letter back on and now the problem is back.

drumtrucker, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How do I get stuff to install into my D: drive instead of my C: drive on windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing things to d: drive. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, let me know what happens when you install programs in D: drive? Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

a. Click on Start and click on Settings.

b. Click on System.

c. Click on Storage.

d. Under the section Save locations, for the option New apps will save to
    select the required drive.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Maryssa22 Win User

Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full....

Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full....

1. Is there a problem locating a program on a D: drive instead of C: which is getting full.... - Similar Threads - problem locating program

2. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is getting full: Hi Team,C drive is getting full without any files in it plz help to resolve the issueWindows 10.. C :/ Drive automatically full why.. Even if I free some Space again and again.. Best reason and Solution expected......
  3. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is getting full: Hi Team,C drive is getting full without any files in it plz help to resolve the issueWindows 10.. C :/ Drive automatically full why.. Even if I free some Space again and again.. Best reason and Solution expected......
  4. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  6. Problems with c and d drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with c and d drives: Hello, I just purchased a notebook with an GB memory 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive. When transferring all my files onto the new computer, everything went to the onedrive, which doesn't have enough space either and I didn't want to use it. I figured out how to delete...
  7. Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10: Hello i just got a new laptop today which has windows 10 on it. And the issue im facing is everything almost installs to my SSD drive where my OS is located rather then my 1 TB HDD. I barely get any choice to choose. Steam allowed me to change it. I've even gone to the...
  8. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...: c drive full. d drive almost empty. Can I install computer programs into d drive? Or how do I get my c drive larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-computer-programs-into-d-drive-my-c/925c40e4-2225-4670-9a4c-c0052f87bc8a
  9. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...