Windows 10: Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

Discus and support Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I have a 1Tb+1Tb Raid 0 Array (D Drive) that I use to store my Photos and Videos, Music Library, Games, Movies, TV Shows and E-Books among other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasonj2232, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

Hi.

I have a 1Tb+1Tb Raid 0 Array (D Drive) that I use to store my Photos and Videos, Music Library, Games, Movies, TV Shows and E-Books among other stuff.

I currently back up the above folders (except my games and the other stuff that I mentioned) to OneDrive manually i.e copy pasting the individual folders onto the OneDrive folder in C Drive (which is a 128gb SSD so it doesn't have enough capacity to store everything) then clearing space (i.e deleting them off C Drive) and repeating the process until everything I want backed up is backed up.

However this can become quite tedious when you have a large music library or many photos.

So is there any way to automate this process? I have NTI's Backup EZ 4 application that came with my Toshiba 2Tb External HDD which may have this functionality but I've not really looked into it as I was hoping there would be a native solution.

Also, sometimes I make changes to the local files (for example, updating the tags on my songs). Is there any way to make it so that any change I make to the local copy is also reflected in the online copy?

submitted by /u/jasonj2232
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jasonj2232, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 17, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

1. Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - program native option

2. Design change: missing option for selecting a specific folder on OneDrive for syncing with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Design change: missing option for selecting a specific folder on OneDrive for syncing with...: I am Dutch and only can show screenshots with Dutch-text. Original situation in Explorer menu:This menu allowed for selecting one of more specific folders on OneDrive for syncing with PC Windows-10 or 11 / 22H2This option is no longer there, because now you get: But I don't...
  3. Design change: missing option for selecting a specific folder on OneDrive for syncing with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Design change: missing option for selecting a specific folder on OneDrive for syncing with...: I am Dutch and only can show screenshots with Dutch-text. Original situation in Explorer menu:This menu allowed for selecting one of more specific folders on OneDrive for syncing with PC Windows-10 or 11 / 22H2This option is no longer there, because now you get: But I don't...
  4. Design change: missing option for selecting a specific folder on OneDrive for syncing with...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  6. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  7. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Folder Copy with specific requirements

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Copy with specific requirements: OK. I have two folders. They basically have the same filenames but with different number of files. The first folder has the correct size files but has more files than the second folder. The second folder has exactly the correct number of files but they are all smaller sizes....
  9. Copy to Specific Folders using CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy to Specific Folders using CMD: I am trying to copy a file using robocopy and xcopy commands using a Batch script.bat. The script is run on CMD not in admin mode. I do not have admin mode privileges as the machine I am working on is organisation laptop. I am unable to copy files to the folders - Program...
  10. Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?: Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync...