Windows 10: Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

Discus and support Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really like the per app audio output feature on Windows 10, but apps only show up when they are running or only when they are playing back audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PsychedelikSoul, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

I really like the per app audio output feature on Windows 10, but apps only show up when they are running or only when they are playing back audio (that's the case with Web browsers). I'm basically looking for a program let's me permanently assign app/programs to a specific audio output by simply adding their exe. Does such a program exists? Thanks.

My speakers are connected to the audio jack on my monitor, and headphones are connected to the motherboard audio. When play games, I always use my headphones.

submitted by /u/PsychedelikSoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PsychedelikSoul, Aug 1, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 1, 2020
  3. How to select PCM stereo output for digital audio S/PDIF jack?

Hi,

The settings for your audio could be managed in a few ways, like through the Control Panel's default program or the program installed along the sound card drivers. That being said, since what you are using is not the default audio output, we suggest that
    you update the sound card driver by checking the manufacturer's website. In the event that what you have already installed is the latest driver for your sound card, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your sound card to provide you necessary steps on
    how to change your audio into PCM.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Darleen Pen, Aug 1, 2020
  4. davidwUU Win User

Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually work at all.

In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output audio device other than the default device for my app. I then closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect.

Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I launched the app. But my app will not output to the assigned audio devices at all. It persists to output to the default one.

What's wrong?

My app is simple enough. It's a console application written with C#.

var synthesizerMy = new SpeechSynthesizer();

//synthesizerMy.SetOutputToDefaultAudioDevice();

synthesizerMy.Speak("Are you ready?");

synthesizerMy.Dispose();

And I am sure that the driver of this assigned audio device works well. When I change the default output audio device to it, my app then will output to this usb audio device.

So, I wonder why the output setting for my app in 'App volume and device preferences' does not work at all.

My Windows 10 Pro is Ver. 1909.

Thank you for your advice.

davidwUU, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

1. Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices? - Similar Threads - program let's assign

2. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  3. Audio Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output device: I have an audio receiver connected to my desktop via Bluetooth. Somehow, I lose the connection every day or so. Under Settings Bluetooth, it indicates that I am paired to the receiver. Under Sound, no output device is available within the dropdown menu. It used to say either...
  4. no audio output device

no audio output device: after win 10 update the audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/5902e376-33d1-4322-ac8d-71391c20f277
  5. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  6. Audio Output Device

Audio Output Device: I used to have headphone and speaker which I can switch under here when I pluged two audio output devices. [ATTACH] But after I updated the audio driver today, the headphone choice was disappeared. I can only switch between headphone and speaker by unplugging one of them....
  7. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  8. audio output assignment base on monitor displaying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio output assignment base on monitor displaying: Greetings all, I have a question for you gurus. I have a multi monitor setup and 1 of the 3 monitors is my TV with built in speakers. I know we can confine certain browsers to out put on specified speakers and set that as default but can we set where the browser is being...
  9. No Audio output device

No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000
  10. No Audio output device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000