Windows 10: Is there a program to change file names?

Discus and support Is there a program to change file names? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names. Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LucasPaulus, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Is there a program to change file names?

Hello,
    i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names.
    Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program that can help here or do I have to do it by hand?

:)

LucasPaulus, Jul 28, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 28, 2020
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Is there a program to change file names?

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

Thema:

Is there a program to change file names?

1. Is there a program to change file names? - Similar Threads - program change file

2. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. How to change program name?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change program name?: So I know how to rename a file or shortcut, of course. But I want to change a program name so it appears how it I want it whenever its name comes up. For example, for Media Player Classic, when I choose "open with", it should say Media Player Classic, instead of MPC-HC x64,...
  5. File name change

File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  6. Black names of files and programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black names of files and programs: Hello, I accidentally pressed most of the buttons on the left side of my keyboard. Now every time i mouse over a program or a file (basically anything on my desktop with a name) turns black and blurry except for the recycle bin. Any help is appreciated. Edit: I mean that the...
  7. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  8. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....
  9. Change Program Name on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Program Name on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...
  10. Change Name of Program on Windows Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Name of Program on Windows Key: I have a program that is on my Windows Key when I press it. It is a Ham Radio Program, although that does not matter. It is Called WSJT-X and was version 1.7 at the time. It has since been updated to 1.9, but the title in the W listings is still 1.7. How can I change this to...