Windows 10: Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

Discus and support Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I connect my laptop to a larger monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and never want anything shown on the laptop screen when connected to the external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomFewchuk, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

I connect my laptop to a larger monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and never want anything shown on the laptop screen when connected to the external monitor partially cos it's a 4K screen and I'm connecting to a 1080p monitor and it screws around a bit when I do this, and partially cos I just like using one large screen only.However, whenever I open the laptop screen while using the secondary big display, it'll always turn on the laptop screen and switch the Project settings to Extend, instead of just leaving it as Second screen only like I want.I open the laptop to use the power button or to just

:)

TomFewchuk, Jan 10, 2023

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 10, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Project to a second screen

Hi Khalidshebak

The standard way to project to another screen is to press the Windows Key + P to open the Projection panel . . .

Right click your Desktop, choose new - Shortcut

Then, in the Location box, paste the appropriate text from the list below:

PC screen only

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /internal

Duplicate

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /clone

Extend

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend

Second screen only

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

Projecting to second screen only

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the shortcut Key you are using to project the second screen?

• Did you press Windows Key + P and select second screen only?

• When you say “that ends up rearranging my desktop” what exactly you are referring to?
    Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

1. Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of... - Similar Threads - program force second

2. Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist: Project here: https://github.com/AkazaRenn/FruitLanguageSwitcher/tree/main/Core/LanguageSwitcherIt currently requires vc_redist as its dependency, so any user without vc_redist installed will get a silent crash. I tried including VCLibs, but it didn't help. Correct me if I'm...
  3. Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force DLL project to use VCLibs instead of vc_redist: Project here: https://github.com/AkazaRenn/FruitLanguageSwitcher/tree/main/Core/LanguageSwitcherIt currently requires vc_redist as its dependency, so any user without vc_redist installed will get a silent crash. I tried including VCLibs, but it didn't help. Correct me if I'm...
  4. Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...: I connect my laptop to a larger monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and never want anything shown on the laptop screen when connected to the external monitor partially cos it's a 4K screen and I'm connecting to a 1080p monitor and it screws around a bit when I do this, and partially...
  5. Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported: Hello, I'm trying to use my laptop as a second screen for my desktop. However, there's a message in the settings for projection: "This device does not support wireless projection.... " There's no wireless adapter in my pc so I think that might be the issue here? I was...
  6. Projecting to a second screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projecting to a second screen: I have an HP Spectre x360. I can not use a second monitor. Using the same hardware and monitor, my daughter can project to a second monitor. Her laptop is also a spectre x360. I can charge my laptop using the usb-c ports. Is it possible to determine if it is hardware...
  7. Project Second screen constantly appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Project Second screen constantly appearing: Hi, The project screen windows + p keeps popping up on its own its not going away. I also checked if the keys are stuck or not but still no luck can someone please help....
  8. Only using a second monitor when it's turned on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only using a second monitor when it's turned on: Hi all, I was just wondering if it's possible for my pc to automatically detect if my second monitor is on or not. I want to use my Samsung qled to play some games with a controller from my couch but when it's of or on a different channel I want my pc to only use my main...
  9. Project to a second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Project to a second screen: dear regarding the above subject when I request it I should go to the start search and type to get it, can help me please how create shortcut on the desktop for Project to a second screen? Also some times there is no response when I press it to get another screen? thanks,,,...
  10. Projecting PC to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Projecting PC to second screen: I cannot display a second screen from my Surface 3 laptop. I am not able to change the screen resolution when connected to the second display. When I try to change the screen resolution to suit the projector resolution I get the error message "The display settings could not...