Windows 10: Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors

Discus and support Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my event log is showing way too many errrors and warnings. I do not begin to understand what any are. I am not really looking forward to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tonys317, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors

So my event log is showing way too many errrors and warnings. I do not begin to understand what any are. I am not really looking forward to reformatting & reinstalling. Is there any program/software that would scan and organize them possibly offering fixes/help?

:)

Tonys317, Nov 5, 2017

2. Nokia Photos error : exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Could you take a look at your event log (control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer -> windows logs -> application) and copy & paste here the error entries that have "Nokia Photos" as the source?

twaltari---01, Nov 5, 2017
  3. PCMCIA Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to send the event logs from Even Viewer to assist you better.

Please follow the steps:

• Type Event viewer in the Search Bar.
    • Open Event Viewer.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click an event log in the left pane.
    • Double-click an event to view the details of the event.
    You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps. If you aren't logged on as an administrator, you can change only settings that apply to your user account, and some event logs might not be accessible.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in an event log that you
    can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

Event Viewer tracks information in several different logs. Windows Logs include:

• Application (program) events: Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that isn't necessarily
      significant, but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.

• Security-related events: These events are called audits and are described as successful or failed depending on the event, such as whether a user trying to log on to Windows was successful.

• Setup events: Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.

• System events: System events are logged by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error, warning, or information.
    • Forwarded events: These events are forwarded to this log by other computers.
    • Applications and Services Logs vary:They include separate logs about the programs that run on your computer, as well as more detailed logs that pertain to specific Windows services.
    Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, there are some (expensive to extremely expensive) commercial ones. This is definitely a weak area in terms of Windows support.

E.g.
    My favorite Windows Event log tools 4sysops

Solar Winds has a free version, but expect it to be (very) limited.
    https://www.ittsystems.com/best-even...nalysis-tools/

This free tool allows you to view, sort, search and filter your event log as a single flat table:
    FullEventLogView - Event Log Viewer for Windows 10/8/7/Vista

This one is more flexible

Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors [​IMG]

However neither interpret the log. You can use the filter to focus on significant reports more easily.

dalchina, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors - Similar Threads - Program Event Log

2. What event logs to look at ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What event logs to look at ?: Win 10 home version 21H2 OS Build 19044-1469My laptop HP ENVY shuts down occasionally for reasons I don't yet understand.Never when in use but at night when I'm asleep. I awake and find the laptop powered off.It powers back on just fine and everything, as far as I can tell,...
  3. What event logs to look at ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What event logs to look at ?: Win 10 home version 21H2 OS Build 19044-1469My laptop HP ENVY shuts down occasionally for reasons I don't yet understand.Never when in use but at night when I'm asleep. I awake and find the laptop powered off.It powers back on just fine and everything, as far as I can tell,...
  4. What event logs to look at ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions: I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money for 128GB of RAM I want to test some RAMDisk programs to make sure that they work as I need. If anyone has any suggestions for...
  6. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  7. A strong security suggestion/recommendation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A strong security suggestion/recommendation: [ATTACH] For anyone who has not done this, already, you are, certainly, urged to do it. > Settings > Windows Security > App & browser control ... scroll down to Isolated browsing Click on Install Windows Defender Application Guard. In the resulting dialogue window scroll...
  8. Looking for advice or suggestion.

Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  9. Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!

Looking for 'must have' programs - All suggestions welcome!!: My friends have already made their suggestions. I am performing a clean install of Windows 10. Most of you have what you consider programs that are very valuable to you and would be just as valuable to many other users - including me. What better place to ask but in this...
  10. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625