Windows 10: Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...

Discus and support Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I prefer if it is open source. I need to save my 2FA codes and some banking details and I am scared if a malicious app could read my personal and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SteelZeus, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...

I prefer if it is open source. I need to save my 2FA codes and some banking details and I am scared if a malicious app could read my personal and financial stuff.

submitted by /u/SteelZeus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SteelZeus, Mar 3, 2021

2. Can't encrypt or password protect folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you logging-in using Administrator User account?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular folder or persist in all the folders?

Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that you can use to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. I suggest you to try
    log-in through other Administrator account and perform the below given steps to encrypt the folder and check if it works:

How to encrypt a file

• Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced... button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
    • Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select
      Apply, and then select OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Password protected folder/file in Windows 7 ?

Simply

I would like windows to ask for a password when ANYBODY opens up a "password protected folder" , nothing more. This is an epic fail for win7 to not have a native feature like this , ... workaround?

-no freaking external programs
    -no encryption
    -not via policy settings (usless for network users)
    -the web is full of nooby-youtube videos and cheap 123 advert-sites which includes: external programs, zip arcihves, other useless stuff ... but there's some command prompt instructions which i didn't tried yet.

The folder is shared on the network that's why is currently useless to use security policy.

Unless you find a way to select other network users via security policy.

I never found a way to link another PC with the user of another , the "locations" is always from local computer , that's stupid.

There's also an option to "encrypt contents to secure data" ... that should automatically make a password protected , but it's totally useless , that's the password it takes from the user account passworld , plus , it's encrypting , it will take 22 hours to encrypt a 225 GB folder, which i need FAST accesss and not for archival.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...

Private folders encrypted and password protected folders

Im posting this because i've been looking for a free tool like this sense XP thought people should know about it *Toast :toast:

Windows 7 when combined with Pismo get’s an incredible feature of creating password protected folders ( *.pfo ) which they call as Private Folders. It is just like any other folder to which you can add any folder and do any operation but not password protections just comes out of the box in Windows 7.

Updated :

To create a private folder, you need to make a right click, select new and then private folders

Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other... [​IMG]

How to create private folder in windows 7

Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other... [​IMG]

To re-lock right click unmount

Windows 7
    private folders

Here are the features which will interest you :

* Password protection.
    * Mount visibility to owner or entire users group.
    * In case you make it available to entire user group, you get option to make it available as network drive
    * Type of access to users , Read or Read and Write

Private folders are just incredible way to share private data with set of people you want. This is what makes private folders rock. Its just not securing your data but also sharing data privately with others. You can download Pismo Private Folder from here

Live OR Die, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...

1. Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other... - Similar Threads - program encrypt selected

2. Select which aliases can be use to sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select which aliases can be use to sign-in: It would be great if we could select the Microsoft account linked aliases that can be used to sign-inHere's an example. Two of the aliases used on my account are old email adresses, I need to keep active, but to avoid suspect attempt logins happening every day on my account...
  3. Select which aliases can be use to sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select which aliases can be use to sign-in: It would be great if we could select the Microsoft account linked aliases that can be used to sign-inHere's an example. Two of the aliases used on my account are old email adresses, I need to keep active, but to avoid suspect attempt logins happening every day on my account...
  4. Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ?: Hi, Not important, but was just wondering: Let's say I have several programs running, and they all show on my desktop as being one on top of the other. No real problem, I can find the box at the top, or some other way, that would select that one to use. Is there a simple menu...
  5. how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?: i want to encrypt/ password protect a folder, but when i try to turn on encryption for the folder the area is greyed out, i downloaded winrar and 7zip but when i try to password protect or encrypt the folder it says folder not found, i edited the registry, i used encryption0...
  6. How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?

How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?: I want to password-protect a folder, without encryption -- just require a password to open files in the folder. The only solutions I've seen online involve encryption; how do I do it without encryption? A little background on the "why" in case it helps: I have a new...
  7. which program makes folders

which program makes folders: Hi I have 3 folders that always return in my documents. really annoying I want to know which program makes them. Th folders are dropbox easytune aangepaste office sjablonen I already have removed dropbox and easytune. I relocated "aangepaste office sjablonen"...
  8. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?: Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs in Windows 10 ? Many thanks in advance Kann man Ordner ohne externe Programme verschlüsseln?
  9. CAN NOT 'ON' ENCRYPTION FOR A FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN NOT 'ON' ENCRYPTION FOR A FOLDER: I AM BUYING A HP LAPTOP WITH WINDOW 10 BUT I CAN'T ON/OPEN ENCRYPTION BUTTON FOR ANY FOLDER. I THINK ,I DON'T HAVE BITLOCKER INSTALLED. ABOUT SYSTEM: EDITION : WINDOW 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE. VERSION : 1903 RAM : 4 GB 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. NEED HELP...…. ....
  10. Want to password and encrypt contents in folder - can that be done?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to password and encrypt contents in folder - can that be done?: I have about 600-900 photos, 60 documents and other business records. I've used PGP in the past though that seems like a lot of trouble for so many documents. I remember hearing about total encryption for the hard drive - some 3rd party programs and others. Is that what...