Windows 10: Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

Discus and support Is there a quick way to change the display scale ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thomas_388, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down > select the new scale.Ideally I'd like to do this without using the mouse, using a keyboard shortcut. Is it possible ?

:)

Thomas_388, Sep 26, 2022

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 26, 2022
  3. How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale
    and layout I've set scaling to 225% (which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options) and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% (too big) with the setting below that being 250% (too small). Setting a custom
    scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors (changing them to 275%) making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual
    display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage (in this case 275%) to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

CiscoKid08, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

1. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ? - Similar Threads - quick change display

2. Change the display scale for an individual application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the display scale for an individual application: Hi,Windows 11.I have an old application which does not scale itself. I need it to scale to 125% to be readable -- the font it uses is too small.What I'd want:Set Windows scale at 100%Set the application at 125%However, I can't seem to find a way to do that. The Properties ->...
  3. Change the display scale for an individual application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the display scale for an individual application: Hi,Windows 11.I have an old application which does not scale itself. I need it to scale to 125% to be readable -- the font it uses is too small.What I'd want:Set Windows scale at 100%Set the application at 125%However, I can't seem to find a way to do that. The Properties ->...
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  5. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...: Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so...
  6. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...: Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so...
  7. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  8. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  9. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?: Is there a way to change the text scaling quicker than opening settings and burrowing through the menus? For instance is there a way to do it at the command line that could be turned into a script I could run with one click? The recommended (and most comfortable) scaling on...