Windows 10: Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?

Discus and support Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/ASTR0M00N [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ASTR0M00N, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?

/u/ASTR0M00N, Oct 28, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 28, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Oct 28, 2020
  4. shytot Win User

Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG? [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

shytot, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?

1. Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG? - Similar Threads - REAL disable defender

2. Disable ''Antimalware Service Executable''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable ''Antimalware Service Executable'': I have for possibly two hours just done nothing but try to get this damn thing to get a life and get out of my computer, its midnight and im tired as hell, i have installed like three softwares and tried countless ''guranteed to work'' tutorials and its still there everytime...
  3. Disable ''Antimalware Service Executable''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable ''Antimalware Service Executable'': I have for possibly two hours just done nothing but try to get this damn thing to get a life and get out of my computer, its midnight and im tired as hell, i have installed like three softwares and tried countless ''guranteed to work'' tutorials and its still there everytime...
  4. Disable ''Antimalware Service Executable''

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Help disabling Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help disabling Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Defender: Hello everyone. I have tried every damn single method online and i am not able to disable these 2 demonic entities from hell. can someone waste 5 min of their time and sort me out.. please thank you very much submitted by /u/TricolorSweet [link] [comments]...
  6. Cannot Disable Defender - Antimalware Service Executeable Always Running

Cannot Disable Defender - Antimalware Service Executeable Always Running: Hello, i switched to 1903 from 1607 and i cannot disable this thing on this version, no matter what. I disabled everything under the Virus Protection settings including Tamper Protection I added these to regedit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows...
  7. Disabling Antimalware Service Executable only control defender works

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Antimalware Service Executable only control defender works: Hi, Been trying for a couple of hours with all the tips on how to disable Antimalware Service Executable. With group polices. With register edits. With windows setting. None worked, it came back after restart. Then I tried control defender executable and it worked. Now it...
  8. Disable Antimalware service executable

Disable Antimalware service executable: Hi redditors, Since it consumes a lot of gpu I wanted to disable it but idk how. I tried adding a Dword with DisableAntiSpyware and set the value to 1. This didn't work so I tried using the Winearo Tweaker to disable it and it is still running. Also tried adding it to its...
  9. Disable antimalware service executable?

Disable antimalware service executable?: I have disabled windows defender in the registry, and the group policy editor, but somehow the anti malware service executable still comes up using CPU. What else can I do to totally disable any feature of windows defender? I do not need to use it and do not want it running...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable not disabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable not disabling: After having issues with absurd CPU usage from ASE, I tried to disable it through the Windows Defender Control Panel. It still showed ln the task manager. I then tried using the option in Regedit, but it is still running. Is there any way to permanently remove it from...