Windows 10: Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

Discus and support Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dasha, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Dasha Win User

Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

V 2004 (OS 1941.508)
    Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please?
    I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated Title bar and nonactive title Bars to another nothing I have searched for works because the Task and Start Menu Checkbox won't activate its greyed out If I do the "Dark mode" scenario I have a permanent Black screen and no matter what with Dark mode both checkboxes default to the same color after I set them Eg Green Green not eg Green Green and pink pink NOT Green and Pink and the inactive Titlebar a different color to the active Title bar
    I have just had a Win 10 Update, will installing the May 2020 upgrade before doing a Clean Install fix it?

TIA Regards *Confused *Smile

:)

Dasha, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Dasha Win User

V 2004 (OS 1941.508)
    Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please?
    I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated Title bar and nonactive title Bars to another nothing I have searched for works because the Task and Start Menu Checkbox won't activate its greyed out If I do the "Dark mode" scenario I have a permanent Black screen and no matter what with Dark mode both checkboxes default to the same color after I set them Eg Green Green not eg Green Green and pink pink NOT Green and Pink and the inactive Titlebar a different color to the active Title bar
    I have just had a Win 10 Update, will installing the May 2020 upgrade before doing a Clean Install fix it?

TIA Regards *Confused *Smile

Dasha, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User

Dasha,

Active titlebar colour is set in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

For example,
    {deep green}
    Code:
    {pale green}
    Code:
    I found the colour codes by playing around in Settings, Personalisation, Colours and readng off the resultant codes in that Registry key.
    - When you change the Registry values, the colour change takes effect but the colour shown as selected in Settings, Personalisation, Colours does not change.
    - No restarting is needed, the change is immediate.

I have not played around with any of the others but some are identified in
    Change Title Bar Text Color - TenForumsTutorials
    Change Color of Inactive Title Bar - TenForumsTutorials
    Change Accent Color - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

Windows 10: Change the color of application title bar

I am unable to change the color of the title bar.

I tried to change in Color settings.

Start menu and task bar colors are changing, but title bar is not.

Also, it is hard to distinguish between a focused window from non-focused as there is no visual difference apart from title text grays out. There should be very clear difference.

Omkar Sheral, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors - Similar Threads - RegEdit Change Task

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  4. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  5. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  7. Regedit Title bar halp?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regedit Title bar halp?: I'm looking for a way to move the Title bar to the side like some linux setups have, tried googling to no avail. I'd switch to Linux but most programs I use don't support it (Cinema4d, Revit etc.) Is there a tweak, third-party, or even somehow melding linux ui feature inside...
  8. Task Bar & Start Menu won't change back to the right color

Task Bar & Start Menu won't change back to the right color: My laptop just did a windows update and now my task bar and start menu are white. I've tried to change them & they won't change. UGHHH!!! Need help PLEASE!!! * Moved from IE10/other...
  9. Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?: Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to get it back that way. I searched and found this tutorial that tells you to modify a value in the registry, but that didn't do...
  10. Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately

Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 for a second time. The first installation was in 2015 to a backup laptop when they were first promoting it and I hated it so much that I never installed it on my main computer. However, for memory reasons, I've just upgraded to 10 on my...