Windows 10: Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger?

Discus and support Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm referring to the view where you can see all of your virtual desktops. I only use 3 virtual desktops. I would prefer that the "over view" of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LookinforIPTVGTA, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger?

I'm referring to the view where you can see all of your virtual desktops.

I only use 3 virtual desktops. I would prefer that the "over view" of the virtual task desktops be larger (so it is easier to identify what is on what). I would also prefer that individual items in each desktop appear larger.

Any way to scale this?

submitted by /u/LookinforIPTVGTA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LookinforIPTVGTA, Feb 20, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger?

i want to disable task view

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding disabling Task View, follow the methods below:

Method 1: Using the taskbar.

• Right click on any blank space on the taskbar.
    • Uncheck Show Task View button.

Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger? c44ad2d4-aa69-470d-9bfa-5dc0d4fc57bc.png

Method 2: Using the Registry Editor.

• Search for regedit, and then press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    • On the right hand side of the editor, look for ShowTaskViewButton.
    • Right click on ShowTaskViewButton, and then click on Modify.
    • Change the Value Data from 1 to 0.
    • Restart your computer.

Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger? d4a4e5b1-b820-4c20-99d6-421c26bfa8fd.png

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.

How to back up and restore the registry and

Create a system restore point.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger?

1. Is there a registry edit to make "Task View" larger? - Similar Threads - registry edit Task

2. How to make the task bar larger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the task bar larger?: My vision is bad. Would like to make the task bar larger. TIA for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-task-bar-larger/5f901be8-6d71-4216-8884-fda55d71860c
  3. Registry Edit to Make Windows Always Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry Edit to Make Windows Always Shutdown: I'm sick of this. Every other night, I'll close out my apps, click shut down, and go to bed. Then, in the morning or if I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll see my computer has been left on because some random app prevented shut down. Occasionally, I'll see a popup...
  4. Windows 10 Task View - Larger Thumbnails!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Task View - Larger Thumbnails!: Hi There, I'm a big fan of the Win+Tab Task View functionality to quickly manage multiple open windows on my desktop. However, I'm not a fan of how small the previews of the different images are - is there a way such as a registry edit to make the preview images much much...
  5. my task view became "larger", what can i do to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my task view became "larger", what can i do to fix this: [ATTACH] my task view became \"larger\" or \"bigger\" or \"scaled higher\", idk the term but it shouldn't be like this. the apps are taking up much more space now than before. The \"scroll bar\" on the right also became huge for some reason My task view looked like...
  6. Editing the registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the registry: I migrated from win7 to win10 using the in-place method MS recommends. But as a result of that the registry is full of entries for programs that were removed years ago. What I want to do is just remove them; edit them out. I know the best way to remove them is to begin again...
  7. Editing the registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Editing the registry: I need to edit the registry to remove/expunge residual program entries after an un-install and clean-up. Background I upgraded from win7 to win10, and noted that installed apps several versions of VideoStudio failed on the 2nd and subsequent execution on win10. I've...
  8. Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Edit: I deleted something from registry edit. Im not too sure what, it was along the lines of Tab- or Tablet- because i was going through getting rid of anything that could be causing errors for my new tablet drivers. But now im getting a flashing screen, and white icons (or no...
  9. registry editer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    registry editer: the only place I can find it is in system configuration, under tools and cannot remove it!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editer/26358bbd-5cec-46d7-bab8-36f6bc7afb9f
  10. larger viewing on non-touchmonitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    larger viewing on non-touchmonitor: Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen? Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now...