Windows 10: Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme?

Discus and support Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep having 'flashbacks' to Windows 3.0 when I look at the great plains flatness that is Windows 10. Brings back memories of editing the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Galane, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme?

I keep having 'flashbacks' to Windows 3.0 when I look at the great plains flatness that is Windows 10. Brings back memories of editing the default settings to narrow the window borders to 2 pixels in order to save valuable screen space at 640x480 resolution. *Smile Windows 3.1 added a slight "3D" look to things and it was a huge improvement over 3.0.

I always used the classic theme in 9x and for years in XP, until MS ruined its look in many subtle ways in Vista. (What? Why are the buttons in the titlebar taller than they are wide? They should be square!) MS managed to make Aero Glass not only look good, but also managed the amazing feat of making it *not distracting* unlike the default theme of OS X. Now they've taken it away and given us this dull mashup of design inspired by Windows 1 through 3.

But yet I still pine for the just nice enough style of Windows 3.1 and the dead and dull flatness of 10 just screams out for even a tiny bit of uplift.

:)

Galane, Jul 18, 2016

2. Retro question

no one knows? :smileyvery-happy:

infringer---01, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Windows Phone 8 music and playlist management

RETRO - the PERFECT word to describe the only solutions to Windows 8 and Windows 8 phone music solutions. Why aren't we being offered a better solution to music!?!?

Why did they take Zune away?

Steve Rogalinski, Jul 18, 2016
  4. Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme?

You might try one of the 3.1 themes for Win8.x

windows 3.1 theme - Google Search

Slartybart, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme?

1. Is there a retro Windows 3.1 theme? - Similar Threads - retro theme

2. Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProProcessor: IntelR Core™ i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz, 1992 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors RAM: 16.0 GBVersion: 22H2I want to play the Sega CD version of The Terminator which is available to play online on a bunch of different websites but the...
  3. Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does online retro game emulation run extremely poorly on Microsoft Edge with my more...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProProcessor: IntelR Core™ i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz, 1992 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors RAM: 16.0 GBVersion: 22H2I want to play the Sega CD version of The Terminator which is available to play online on a bunch of different websites but the...
  4. Will Microsoft EVER make a 'Retro Windows' for those who want to play old stuff without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft EVER make a 'Retro Windows' for those who want to play old stuff without...: I got ripped off every time I tried to order something on Ebay so never again to make a very long story short. I hope MS someday makes a 'Retro' Windows that has the old coding intact with modern security and have it be much cheaper for people who need older stuff or perhaps...
  5. Will Microsoft EVER make a 'Retro Windows' for those who want to play old stuff without...

Will Microsoft EVER make a 'Retro Windows' for those who want to play old stuff without...: I got ripped off every time I tried to order something on Ebay so never again to make a very long story short. I hope MS someday makes a 'Retro' Windows that has the old coding intact with modern security and have it be much cheaper for people who need older stuff or perhaps...
  6. Custom Windows 95 license for retro multiplayer games launcher.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Windows 95 license for retro multiplayer games launcher.: Hi,I'm maintaining a program called NukemNet, that helps people play old games online, via DOSBox and modern source ports.We have a new, thriving community of players, mostly on Discord.I want to support Windows 95 games using PCem/DOSBox, so for that I'd like to have some...
  7. Custom Windows 95 license for retro multiplayer games launcher.

Custom Windows 95 license for retro multiplayer games launcher.: Hi,I'm maintaining a program called NukemNet, that helps people play old games online, via DOSBox and modern source ports.We have a new, thriving community of players, mostly on Discord.I want to support Windows 95 games using PCem/DOSBox, so for that I'd like to have some...
  8. Love the "retro effect" in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Love the "retro effect" in Windows Terminal: submitted by /u/BS_497 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nu9xdb/love_the_retro_effect_in_windows_terminal/
  9. Windows 10 retro PowerToys to get a modern UI and new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 retro PowerToys to get a modern UI and new features: The developers of the open-source Microsoft’s PowerToys tool for Windows 10 are planning to release a new update with new utilities and improved user interface. This update is still in the early stage of development and Microsoft could be planning to release it later this...
  10. EmuOS: run retro games and apps right in your browser

in Windows 10 News
    EmuOS: run retro games and apps right in your browser: If you experienced the late DOS days or early Windows days first hand and want to relive that, or experience it for the first time, then you may want to hop over to EmuOS to do just that. EmuOS emulates Windows in the browser, and it comes with a number of games and...