Windows 10: Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain...

Discus and support Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm downloading SDK files for my Unity video game and don't want to wait 5 to 7 hours in front of my screen for it to reach 100% download because when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IntenseJames, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain...

I'm downloading SDK files for my Unity video game and don't want to wait 5 to 7 hours in front of my screen for it to reach 100% download because when my screen shuts down it pauses the download until I turn on the screen again.

:)

IntenseJames, Feb 24, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ( bypassed password ).

Unless you have changes certain settings, Windows 10 is never fully shutdown. A shutdown is just hibernation.

newtekie1, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Weer Win User

Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain...

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain...

1. Is there a setting on Windows 10 for my computer screen to not shutdown after a certain... - Similar Threads - setting computer screen

2. Fix Black Screen after shutdown on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Black Screen after shutdown on Windows computer: [ATTACH]Some Windows users may encounter the issue whereby when shutting down their Windows 11 or Windows 10 system, their computer shows a black screen, and the device doesn’t completely shut down. In this scenario, the users are able to shut down their devices completely...
  3. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  4. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  5. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10: my computer reboots after shutting down with mouse...I have done the SFC/Scannow and the DISM scan both came up ok....I have changed all power/sleep settings to NEVER and I unchecked FAST START UP...Windows are updated and HP don't have any updates for this computer...
  6. Blue Screen after Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Shutdown: Last night, I shut down my computer like I do every night. However, this morning when I got up and hit the power button on my pc, it posted and then I got into a blue screen loop, and nothing I did would allow me to boot into or fix Windows 10 Pro. Fortunately, my operating...
  7. After Shutdown My Computer Is Really Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Shutdown My Computer Is Really Slow: So from when i bought the computer it ran slow after shutdown, i found a solution, to turn off the computer from the back(that worked) Today it happend to me again so i did it again, and it didn't work anymore. I have: CPU - i7 7700k GPU - gtx 1060 6GB 2 SSD's and 16 GB...
  8. Computer shutdown after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutdown after update: Can someone please explain why Microsoft insists on shutting down people's computers after an update????? In which universe will people want a "service" to make one lose work and cause software to corrupt because of a forced shutdown? Give people the ability to shut down...
  9. Windows rolls back to a certain point in time after shutdown/ restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows rolls back to a certain point in time after shutdown/ restart: Windows rolls back to a certain point in time after shutdown/ restart, same doesn't happen after sign in/sign out, does this out of the blue, didn't set any rollback options. After I power up my machine and log in, all the progress I made is deleted, all of the files I...
  10. Certain Programes Make Windows 10 Shutdown Time Longer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Certain Programes Make Windows 10 Shutdown Time Longer: This is my first post and question so if it is not in the correct topic say to me and I'll try to move this to the right one. My problem is about driver, application and probably compability issues that's why I put this one in the genereal topic. I have a gaming PC...