Windows 10: Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?

Discus and support Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new PC with windows 10 and it appears that wifi disconnects if I haven't used it for a while. I am wondering if there is a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarHe45, Feb 27, 2019.

1. MarHe45 Win User

Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?

I just purchased a new PC with windows 10 and it appears that wifi disconnects if I haven't used it for a while. I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere to control the length of time for inactivity before wifi disconnects?

:)

MarHe45, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Lex Del Win User

Time setting

Hi Abdul,

Let's set your phone's time and date automatically by following the steps here:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Date + time.
    • Then, turn on the "Set automatically" option.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Lex Del, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?

Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?

1. Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity? - Similar Threads - setting sign off

2. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  3. I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set the Windows 11 screensaver to start after a time period of inactivity showing my...: I set my WIndows 11 screen saver to start after a time period of inactivity to show my photos, but how do I manually start the screen saver earlier if I don't want to wait? I want to see my pictures, and Win-L locks the screen but doesn't show my photos. In my case, I set it...
  4. How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?: How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock.Reasons for the question - Some applications or processes may not behave well with sleep mode. They might not properly pause or resume, leading to performance issues or errors when the laptop...
  5. How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?: How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock.Reasons for the question - Some applications or processes may not behave well with sleep mode. They might not properly pause or resume, leading to performance issues or errors when the laptop...
  6. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  7. Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen not shutting off after set time while logged on: I've been hesitant to post about this for some time as I thought it was just an isolated incident, but this has been happening for some time now (several months). I thought it would correct itself after updating Windows or restarting my PC, but it has not. I set the screen to...
  8. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  9. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...
  10. Set PC to go to lock screen after inactivity w/o shutting off screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set PC to go to lock screen after inactivity w/o shutting off screen?: This might be a stupid question but I havent found a solution for it myself, probably looking in all the wrong places.. would like to be able to have my computer go to the lock screen after an alotted time of inactivity without turning off the screen itself as in the power...