Windows 10: Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

Discus and support Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anywhere in the Windows 11 settings app a page to change defaults for a whole category of file types audio files, video files, text files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ondřej Pavlík, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

Is there anywhere in the Windows 11 settings app a page to change defaults for a whole category of file types audio files, video files, text files, etc.? There is a settings page on Windows 10 to select a default Audio/Video player, web browser, photo viewer, yet I can't find a windows 11 equivalent of that page. I will be really mad if I have to change the defaults extension by extension for text editor, media player, web browser and the rest.

:)

Ondřej Pavlík, Jan 5, 2023

2. Cannot set default web browser

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuain, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that you want to make the Chrome browser as your default browser. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1:

Go to Search box next to Windows icon and type Default app Settings

Step 2:

Click to open Default app Settings

Step 3:

Under choose, default apps scroll down to see the Web browser

Step 4:

Click on the Browser shown to get the default browsers list to select from

Step 5:

Select Google Chrome

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 5, 2023
  3. can not change web default browser

Hi Soniapayne,

You may try these.

Follow the steps below:

For Windows 10:

• Select the start button, and then type
      Default app settings

• In the search results, select default app settings

• Under web browser, select the browser currently listed and then select Mozilla fire fox or another browser
    For Windows 7, 8.1:

• Go to control panel

• In the search box, located on the upper right corner
      type Default programs

• Click on Default programs

• Click on Set your default program

• Click on Mozilla Firefox

• Click on Set this program as default

• Click Ok

Hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, Jan 5, 2023
  4. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

1. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/... - Similar Threads - settings page Win11

2. Change the default settings in the new Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default settings in the new Media Player: My Groove Music decided to spontaneous "upgrade" itself to the new Media Player version 11.2212.31.0 thanks. i hate it. I am not happy about this as I liked Groove Music and would have liked to have a choice in the "upgrade". My main problem other than generalised...
  3. Change the default settings in the new Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the default settings in the new Media Player: My Groove Music decided to spontaneous "upgrade" itself to the new Media Player version 11.2212.31.0 thanks. i hate it. I am not happy about this as I liked Groove Music and would have liked to have a choice in the "upgrade". My main problem other than generalised...
  4. Change the default settings in the new Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a settings page i Win11 to change default web browser/media player/...: Is there anywhere in the Windows 11 settings app a page to change defaults for a whole category of file types audio files, video files, text files, etc.? There is a settings page on Windows 10 to select a default Audio/Video player, web browser, photo viewer, yet I can't find...
  6. Cannot set default web browser

Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  7. Default Web Browser

Default Web Browser: I do not see the option for Web Browser in my Default app section. I am trying to make Microsoft Edge to my default but i can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-web-browser/8d05308e-7bb2-47b8-b71e-3c1553ad1466
  8. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  9. Default web browser

Default web browser: I have recently installed the new Microsoft Edge on my Surface tablet. Now every time I browse the internet I get a message asking if I want to make Edge my default browser, and directing me to 'Settings' to set it. However, I do not have a 'Web browser' listed in my default...
  10. No option to set default for media players

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to set default for media players: Just recently (I think there was an update) there stopped being an option to set a media file type (AVI, WAV, etc)) to open with a certain media player. If I right clicked on a video and selected "open with" I would get a list of my players and an option to always use the...