Windows 10: Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

Discus and support Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been 10 years since I last used Windows. When I close an application like Spotify, there are still some background processes running shown in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sheridan_Cain, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

Been 10 years since I last used Windows. When I close an application like Spotify, there are still some background processes running shown in the hidden menu on the bottom right of the screen. Is there a shortcut to close these? Alt + F4 doesn't seem to do it.

submitted by /u/Sheridan_Cain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sheridan_Cain, Jul 28, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes? :)

terrace, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Some shortcuts cannot be deleted or hidden

I tried to move the IE and File Manager shortcuts from the Applications folder to the Start Menu folder. No go. However, I was able to COPY them. I can't delete the ones from the Applications folder, though. Someone suggested I leave them there (in case
    they are used by other apps) and just check Hidden in Properties, but Hidden is grayed out! I would like to delete or hide these redundant shortcuts. Please tell me how. Note that 3rd-party shortcuts I can delete no problem, it's just the standard operating
    system shortcuts like IE and File Manager that I can't delete or hide.

Mad Martian, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

1. Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes? - Similar Threads - shortcut close hidden

2. Hidden process uses 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process uses 100% of CPU: I left my laptop for some time and when went back on it while it was blacked out but not asleep, I heard loud fan noise. I quickly opened task manager and found a process called "CPU process" then it immediately closed, and the fan noise disappeared. That process was using...
  3. Hidden process uses 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden process uses 100% of CPU: I left my laptop for some time and when went back on it while it was blacked out but not asleep, I heard loud fan noise. I quickly opened task manager and found a process called "CPU process" then it immediately closed, and the fan noise disappeared. That process was using...
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  5. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  6. Hidden process eating all RAM

7. Ram usage by some hidden process?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram usage by some hidden process?: I have 16gb ram and cant find what using the ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage-by-some-hidden-process/f9fd203c-e86e-4c14-aa71-da53eb33a6d7
  8. Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?

in Browsers and Email
    Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?: [img] When I opened process explorer and chromes internal task manager the number of chrome processes in each was very different and I would like to know why chromes internal task manager listed 12 and I'm fine with the 12 it lists but process explorer listed 30 chrome...
  9. Close process when a separate process closes

Close process when a separate process closes: So I use task scheduler to run a specific file (c:\Newfile.exe) when a specific program is being started (c:\Program.exe). I'd like to know how I can close "Newfile.exe" when "Program.exe" closes. I know this can't be done with task scheduler, does anyone know of a way to...
  10. Skype hidden shortcuts

Skype hidden shortcuts: Hello ! I just found a Skype hidden shortcut, and I'm wondering if there are others. What I found: 'AltGr + R = Call' If you look in the shortcuts section of the options menu, there is no keybinding for 'call', and noting showing AltGr + R. Moreover, if I try to add a...