Windows 10: Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

Discus and support Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work on a number of tasks, better described as 'projects' For each of these projects I need to open one or two word documents, one or two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crescent786, May 19, 2020.

1. Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

I work on a number of tasks, better described as 'projects'
    For each of these projects I need to open one or two word documents, one or two spreadsheets, a PowerPoint presentation etc.
    Each document is in different Folders, however, on the same drive

Now, every time I need to go to another project, I have to individually close all the present project documents and then open another set of documents for the next project.

Is there some way that I could close and save all 'Project Documents' at the same time and then open all the Project 2 documents at the same time. I think of all these different sets of documents as 'sets of Project documents'

Is there some shortcut, or some simple method that I could use to open and close each set of documents for each project?
    Thanking You
    Regards
    Imtiaz

:)

crescent786, May 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 19, 2020
  3. AddSub Win User
    Open Office

Open Office is nice. Not great, just nice. It is somewhat slower when opening certain types of documents when compared to Office 2003 for example and it requires a bit more resources, RAM-wise. But other than that, I mean, it's free right?

AddSub, May 19, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project [​IMG]

-

esmorax, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

1. Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project - Similar Threads - shortcut open once

2. Cannot open Document using newly installed Office software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Document using newly installed Office software: Following advice from one of your colleagues Excellent advisor, very helpful I have installed by download a new version of Office. Attempts to use this to open existing documents fails, as it seems it is necessary to activate the software. All attempts passwords, telephone...
  3. Cannot open Document using newly installed Office software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open Document using newly installed Office software: Following advice from one of your colleagues Excellent advisor, very helpful I have installed by download a new version of Office. Attempts to use this to open existing documents fails, as it seems it is necessary to activate the software. All attempts passwords, telephone...
  4. Cannot open Document using newly installed Office software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Page Numbering for Open Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Numbering for Open Office: I know how to place a page number when using Open Office, but it does NOT seem to add the page numbers as new pages are added to a document. Is there any way to have this happen? 182246
  6. Using Office XP Shortcut Bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Using Office XP Shortcut Bar: Hi, I like to use Office XP Shortcut Bar on right side of desktop to launch preferred applications. Installation was fine for Windows10 v2004 and it shows the bar as expected. But when I drag a shortcut to the bar, the shortcut icon is missing and when I click on it, it...
  7. What is the shortcut for opening Office?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the shortcut for opening Office?: Today my cat hit Windows key and some other keys around it and my PC opened the Microsoft Office instantly. And now i wonder what was that shortcut.. I pressed every button near Windows key(Windows key + other key combination) and i got nothing so far.. submitted by...
  8. How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once: I have an Acer laptop and am running Windows 10. I am a high school teacher and I'm trying to project something onto the screen for the class to be watching and while that's happening I want to be able to work on the laptop on something else. So I've tried searching for how...
  9. How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

in Windows 10 Support
    How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once: I have an Acer laptop and am running Windows 10. I am a high school teacher and I'm trying to project something onto the screen for the class to be watching and while that's happening I want to be able to work on the laptop on something else. So I've tried searching for how...
  10. Office / Project Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office / Project Download: Hello, I recently upgraded to a new computer with windows 10, however, it does not have a optical drive. Can I go somewhere to download the microsoft software I own? That software own and want to install Office Professional 2007 and Project 2003. Thanks for you Help. I need...