Windows 10: Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?

Discus and support Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I find it a bit tedious to dig deep into the setting to change the system theme from light to dark to reduce eye strain at night. Is there any quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?

I find it a bit tedious to dig deep into the setting to change the system theme from light to dark to reduce eye strain at night.

Is there any quick switch or shortcut to alternate between the two, similar to the night light quick action?

submitted by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS, Nov 3, 2020

2. Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

In Windows 10, will there be an option to change the system theme from light to dark and vice versa?

KiwiBird97, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern related to changing the File Explorer theme from Dark to Light.

You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to change the theme to Light.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Personalization
    3. At the left hand pane select Colors
    4. Now on the right hand side under Choose your color select the drop down to
      Light

If you have any further queries, please do let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?

Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes? [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes? [​IMG]

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?

1. Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes? - Similar Threads - shortcut quickly change

2. How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?: How to create a shortcut to change theme on windows 11, I have seen some online to change light to dark mode but it does not change the taskbar so on but changing the theme does....
  3. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  4. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  5. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  6. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  7. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  8. Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?: Have a Surface Book 2, and it's incredibly inconvenient for me to have to dig into the settings when I am in low lighting in order to change the system theme. Is there anything that lets me change between them quickly? submitted by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS [link] [comments]...
  9. Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?

Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntxxa/possible_to_make_a_keyboard_shortcut_that_toggles/
  10. Is there a way to add an option to change between the light and dark theme in the start menu?

Is there a way to add an option to change between the light and dark theme in the start menu?: I don't always want the dark theme on, and going in to the settings to change it every time is annoying. submitted by /u/aaronth07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw4nf7/is_there_a_way_to_add_an_option_to_change_between/