Windows 10: Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

Discus and support Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example, if I have 2 windows each snapped to 50% of my screen real estate, is there a keyboard shortcut where I can just easily switch between or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Spice_is_nice_, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

For example, if I have 2 windows each snapped to 50% of my screen real estate, is there a keyboard shortcut where I can just easily switch between or navigate focus, only for the windows that are tiled? Alt/win+tab opens up a whole menu and cycles everything. I mean more just switch focus. between tiled windows, so I can be writing this right now, and then hit win+thebutton and then I'm writing in the text box on the right window now.

Is this possible?

submitted by /u/_Spice_is_nice_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Spice_is_nice_, Jan 6, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Edit App Tile Targets in Windows 8.1?

I have a client that caught a nasty piece of malware. It changed the targets on all the IE shortcuts so whenever you run IE it takes you to their website instead of the homepage set in IE's options(it did the same thing to chrome and firefox).

Fixing it on most of the shortcuts was easy. I just edited the target path by right clicking on the shortcut and going to properties and resetting it to the right path.

However, the shortcut/tile on the start screen for IE can't be edited in this way. When I right click on it there is no option to change the properties of the shortcut. I've search for a good hour trying to figure out how to edit the properties of these shortcuts/tiles but I can't find it anywhere. I even went as far as uninstalling IE and re-installing it, and the icons it put back are still pointing to the wrong path.

Anyone have any clue how to change the path for Windows 8.1 app shortcuts on the Start Screen?

newtekie1, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    WIN 10, Edge tile and Mail shortcut tile have the same ragged "e".

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting you query on the Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can add, remove as well as select different types of tiles for your Windows 10 Start page. I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Steps:

a. Go to Start Screen and right-click on the tile which you want to rename or customize. Now click on "Open file location" option present at the bottom.

b. It'll open "Programs" folder which contains all the shortcuts that are shown on Start Screen.

c. To change tile icon, right-click on the program shortcut and select "Properties" option.

d. It'll open shortcut properties window. Now click on "Change Icon" button and select desired icon.

e. At last apply the changes.

Now go to Start Screen again and you'll see the new icon of your desired tile.

Hope this information helps, get back to us with the above details if you need further assistance with Windows. We are here to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jan 6, 2022
  4. terrace Win User

Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen? :)

terrace, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen?

1. Is there a shortcut to switch focus between the tiled windows on the screen? - Similar Threads - shortcut switch focus

2. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  3. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  4. Setting mouse shortcuts to switch between apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting mouse shortcuts to switch between apps: I have extended my laptop display to my monitor, I have opened one browser in the external monitor and Android Studio in the other. Is there any way I can set up a keyboard or mouse shortcut to switch between these apps automatically instead of dragging my mouse to the other...
  5. Difference between "Create a Shortcut" & "Pin this Tile to Start Menu"

in Browsers and Email
    Difference between "Create a Shortcut" & "Pin this Tile to Start Menu": I have several desk top tiles(Apps) that do not work properly, when clicked on to open. Instead when they do open they automatically just default to a Microsoft search engine instead of the desired "App". To reinstall the "App" again I have to google the desired web site and...
  6. Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?: It is so annoying that I have to use my mouse to switch between workspaces on windows. Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to it? submitted by /u/da_semicolon [link] [comments]...
  7. Focus Square Around Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Square Around Tiles: Does anyone know how to hide the focus square around the Start Menu tiles when moused over. If they cannot be removed can they be recoloured? Thanks for any help with this. [img] 135527
  8. Focus Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Switch: When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??...
  9. Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.: Hi folks. I'm looking for a way to switch between HDMI and my laptop screen. Preferably a quick keyboard shortcut. I have my laptop connected to my tv screen always, however, sometimes when i'm gaming on the tv i'll have to disconnect my HDMI to access my laptop screen,...
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430