Windows 10: Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...

Discus and support Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows update does not show the BIOS update in its update list. Windows 10 S mode prohibits downloads from Dell's website. I really do not want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobbieNoche, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...

My windows update does not show the BIOS update in its update list. Windows 10 S mode prohibits downloads from Dell's website. I really do not want to switch it out of S mode either.

:)

RobbieNoche, Jun 22, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Installed 1511 update on Dell XPS 12 laptop and now sleep mode fails

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for responding.

As you are still facing issues with waking up the laptop from sleep mode, try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to contact your device manufacturer's website, find the latest display drivers for your device and try to download them.

Boot the computer in Safe mode, uninstall the existing drivers and manually try to install the downloaded drivers.

Step 1: Boot the computer in Safe mode

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 3: Refer to the below article by
    Andre Da Costa to manually install the latest display drivers:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not...

1. Is there a simple to update my Dell laptop BIOS using Windows 10 S mode. it will not... - Similar Threads - simple update Dell

2. DELL laptop -- Windows 10’s Airplane Mode automatically turns on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELL laptop -- Windows 10’s Airplane Mode automatically turns on?: Found several things to try with a Google search.But none seemed promising.So I came here hoping to find the most common cause if possible.Restarting your laptop and updating the driver doesn't quite cut it <smile>....
  3. updates to Windows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates to Windows 10 in S mode: Have a laptop running 10S, I get popups upon startup that there are updates. Are these okay for 10S? I read where you can change out of S but not get back and I wonder if the updates would take me out of S mode. Obviously, I know nothing!!!!...
  4. My laptop on Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop on Windows 10 S mode: hello, My laptop is on Windows S Mode and l cant access Microsoft Store. I think it got deleted so, is there a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-on-windows-10-s-mode/e0089c62-7105-4e54-a2b5-4481881ebacb
  5. Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios updates with Windows 10 S Mode: I purchased a cheap HP notebook that has a AMD Athlon duel core and came with Windows 10 S Mode installed. I'm OK with the restrictions in place for S mode. I know Windows update will handle all the driver updates. But what about the bios updates? HP can't use a app that...
  6. Laptop has "S Mode" as default OS. Is it simple to change to standard Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop has "S Mode" as default OS. Is it simple to change to standard Windows 10?: Hello, all! I have a quick and simple question. I am looking to buy this laptop. However, it states that the OS is "Windows 10 Home in S Mode". My question is, is it possible/a simple process to revert the OS back to standard Windows 10, or is it effectively "set" in a...
  7. New HP Bios updated back to S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New HP Bios updated back to S mode: New HP Bios updated back to S mode. Was working great first couple of days then Bios update and can't get it out of s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hp-bios-updated-back-to-s-mode/95d1fe43-2273-4d63-a8ca-eddf5355f912
  8. Updating Window 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Window 10 S Mode: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 S mode installed and I want to know how to update it without leaving S mode. I'm trying to install a game from the Microsoft store and the "install" button is greyed out and it says my OS needs to be updated to 18362 or higher....
  9. new dell laptop with s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    new dell laptop with s mode: i have a problem with zoom on my new dell laptop and it to do with the audio, when im in zoom the audio is not compatable. how can i fix this or is it the new os s-mode that microsoft have put on it...
  10. stuck in S mode after bios update?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    stuck in S mode after bios update?: I recently got a HP Pavilion 14, and found it to be installed with S Mode, an exceedingly useless mode to me. I managed to switch out, but after an HP update today, my computer is not only back in S mode even though I though the switch out was permanent, but trying to switch...